Finally on the band wagon!

barryswanson

Inspired
After years of wanting one I finally purchased an Axe Fx 3 today. Won’t receive it for a few weeks since I bought it in a pre-sale and I’m in Australia but I’m very excited

So you gonna see a lot of me here soon. Asking the dumb shit that has been asked a millions times before. I’ll do my best not to if I can’t find it myself. But yeah pumped! One thing I do want to know is where do I get the Metallica presets from? I noticed you can’t get the Het pack anymore from silent underground. I remember some other dude called guitar John I think. Does he still sell them? Anyway looking forward to your replies.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-1-2-out-now-metallica-presets-xl-ax8.135682/
Jon doesn’t make these for the III, but using the Fractool app, they can be converted .
@Guitarjon

In my experience Jon's metallica presets for the axe fx 2 are AMAZING. I have not had a good experience converting and getting as good of a sound on the 3. I keep my 2 just because I have the justice tone dead nuts lol. I WISH I could duplicate on my 3. The 3 sounds better for everything else.

Just my experience. I've used fractool as well as exporting the tone match blocks to ir files. It sounds ok, but not wow.

Yep the Metallica sounds is the main reason I bought it. I’ve got two Mesa 4x12 cabs so thinking about getting a Matrix power amp for them. I do have some Yamaha HS5 monitors to take advantage of all the options. But yeah so many options with this thing. And yes I’ve downloaded the manual onto my phone and whilst I’m stuck out at the mine site I work at I’ve been studying it intently.

Last edited:
Yep the Metallica sounds is the main reason I bought it. I’ve got two Mesa 4x12 cabs so thinking about getting a Matrix power amp for them. I do have some Yamaha HS5 monitors to take advantage of all the options. But yeah so many options with this thing. And yes I’ve downloaded the manual onto my phone and whilst I’m stuck out at the mine site I work at I’ve been studying it intently.

I moved from power amp and cabs to FRFR, so I might sell my mint condition Matrix. PM me if interested.

Back
Top Bottom