Finally got the new FM9/FM3 Pedal board put together

It took longer than I wanted (need new power brick and lots of interconnects, but it turned out well.

.View attachment 89895

RJM Mastermind GT10 controls everything. Up top are the FM9 and an FM3. Other effects are EHX Hog 2, Strymon Sunset Overdrive, DanElectro Transparent OD (same as a Timmy), and Strymon Volante multi-delay. I also am using a Line 6 G75 wireless (for wireless scene switching from MIDI), RJM mini effects gizmo + switcher, 2 general use pedals, and 2 switches. Everything but the DanElectro (mounted underneath the board) is MIDI programmable, so one button can change all the effects and the pedals/buttons can control just about everything. The Fractal Audio Units cover most everything. The drives ,and pitch shifters suck up a lot of processing power, so I supplemented them with outboard effects. This is replacing my racked Axe-FX III and effects for live. I had to go with a new power brick (CIOKS DC7). The most of the outboard stuff required between 250 and 500ma. Tuners are hilarious. When I click the Tuner button on the GT 10, the FM 9, FM3 and the GT10 all pop up with tuners :). I got a keyboard rolling case that pretty much fits this perfectly.

Still have a little more programming to do, but just about finished

Guitar goes from wireless to FM9.Everything else can be routed in just about any order.
So, what does this do that the AXEFXIII+FC12 doesn't?

Just curious based on the dollar amount on that pedalboard.

So, what does this do that the AXEFXIII+FC12 doesn't?

Just curious based on the dollar amount on that pedalboard.
Well it does Song, Setlist Modes. and does continuous CC control of 3rd party devices along with syncing MIDI clocks. But.... it really only does one thing. It Keeps me from having to haul the rack I had before. So pack up, setup, and takedown time is much reduced. Plug in power and 2 XLRs and it is set up. Bonus is all control are right at my feet and not off stage.

Last edited:
how much dose that monster weigh?

Less than my rack I was using :). I don't really know. More awkward than heavy. But I just put it in a Keyboard case that has wheels and I can roll up the stairs in/out of the SUV and on to the stage w/o having to lift it (save in and out of the case). I will have to fortify some of the case straps. They started to rip after 3 trips.

Well it does Song, Setlist Modes. and do continuous CC control of 3rd party devices along with syncing MIDI clocks. But.... it really only does one thing. It Keeps me from having to haul the rack I had before. So packup, setup, and takedown time is much reduced. Plug in power and 2 XLRs and it is set up. Bonus is all control are right at my feet and not off stage.
You know, I wonder if this approach you're taking (and myself and others are taking) to dump the rack unit and separate foot controller in favor of an all-in-one powerful floor unit will influence the future Fractal Audio product offerings. As technology continues to improve and more power can be packed in a smaller footprint, maybe we could see an Axe-FX IV floor unit to rule them all.

You know, I wonder if this approach you're taking (and myself and others are taking) to dump the rack unit and separate foot controller in favor of an all-in-one powerful floor unit will influence the future Fractal Audio product offerings. As technology continues to improve and more power can be packed in a smaller footprint, maybe we could see an Axe-FX IV floor unit to rule them all.
A full powered Axe-fx III turbo floor unit would be so killer!

Back
Top Bottom