Finally got the new FM9/FM3 Pedal board put together

javajunkie

It took longer than I wanted (need new power brick and lots of interconnects, but it turned out well.

.fm9.jpg

RJM Mastermind GT10 controls everything. Up top are the FM9 and an FM3. Other effects are EHX Hog 2, Strymon Sunset Overdrive, DanElectro Transparent OD (same as a Timmy), and Strymon Volante multi-delay. I also am using a Line 6 G75 wireless (for wireless scene switching from MIDI), RJM mini effects gizmo + switcher, 2 general use pedals, and 2 switches. Everything but the DanElectro (mounted underneath the board) is MIDI programmable, so one button can change all the effects and the pedals/buttons can control just about everything. The Fractal Audio Units cover most everything. The drives ,and pitch shifters suck up a lot of processing power, so I supplemented them with outboard effects. This is replacing my racked Axe-FX III and effects for live. I had to go with a new power brick (CIOKS DC7). The most of the outboard stuff required between 250 and 500ma. Tuners are hilarious. When I click the Tuner button on the GT 10, the FM 9, FM3 and the GT10 all pop up with tuners :). I got a keyboard rolling case that pretty much fits this perfectly.

Still have a little more programming to do, but just about finished

Guitar goes from wireless to FM9.Everything else can be routed in just about any order.

So what’s going on here? Are you using 3 amps? Did you try the pog preset in the fm9, I thought it was pretty good? Are all your delays from only the volante?

Not three amps, 2. Bassman and Buddha (panned L/R at ~50%. FM3 is mostly for Plex Verb (kills CPU) and additional pitch shifter. In other words for processor overload. Plus it gives extra Delays.

Actually, none of my delays are in the Volante, yet. I'll use it for Binson Type or really gritty saturated delays.

Not three amps, 2. Bassman and Buddha (panned L/R at ~50%. FM3 is mostly for Plex Verb (kills CPU) and additional pitch shifter. In other words for processor overload. Plus it gives extra Delays.

Actually, none of my delays are in the Volante, yet. I'll use it for Binson Type or really gritty saturated delays.
That is one sweetly insane pedalboard rig, brother! 🔥🎸😎🎸🔥

It took longer than I wanted (need new power brick and lots of interconnects, but it turned out well.

.View attachment 89895

RJM Mastermind GT10 controls everything. Up top are the FM9 and an FM3. Other effects are EHX Hog 2, Strymon Sunset Overdrive, DanElectro Transparent OD (same as a Timmy), and Strymon Volante multi-delay. I also am using a Line 6 G75 wireless (for wireless scene switching from MIDI), RJM mini effects gizmo + switcher, 2 general use pedals, and 2 switches. Everything but the DanElectro (mounted underneath the board) is MIDI programmable, so one button can change all the effects and the pedals/buttons can control just about everything. The Fractal Audio Units cover most everything. The drives ,and pitch shifters suck up a lot of processing power, so I supplemented them with outboard effects. This is replacing my racked Axe-FX III and effects for live. I had to go with a new power brick (CIOKS DC7). The most of the outboard stuff required between 250 and 500ma. Tuners are hilarious. When I click the Tuner button on the GT 10, the FM 9, FM3 and the GT10 all pop up with tuners :). I got a keyboard rolling case that pretty much fits this perfectly.

Still have a little more programming to do, but just about finished

Guitar goes from wireless to FM9.Everything else can be routed in just about any order.
Could it be easier and more portable to just use the III turbo? There's a few pedals I love but packing everything around drives me nuts.

And there appears to be a Temple board buried under there, too! ;)

Could it be easier and more portable to just use the III turbo? There's a few pedals I love but packing everything around drives me nuts.
I used a pedalboard and a rack before. Now Just a pedal board, so much more portable and lighter. The pedalboard is all I need to pack. Putting it together and programming was the hard part.

Nothing about that photo says “portable” or ”lighter”!! ;)

Seriously though, very cool setup!
Lighter than my 40lb rack :) + Pedalboard w/ controller. And then have to hook the controller up to the pedalboard and hook up the power and cables from behind the rack (all the cables plug into the side of the pedalboard now). The case I have is wheeled so I don't have to lift the rack other than in and out of an SUV.

Wow, that's some serious firepower right there mate!! Hopefully get an FM9 when they hit G66, very much looking forward to that.

Back
Top Bottom