Finally gave in

My brother in law (who’s a cop) said to me 10 years ago , - What , ..... you still pay for music ? I can download anything I want for free.
Knowing the countless hours of hard work it takes to create a single song , I told him we should have to pay at least a “dollar” for the song.

Those days are apparently gone.

How does this relate to blocking YT ads? AFAIK, what little percentage content-creators make from ad revenue on their channels isn't affected by viewers blocking the ads on their end.

How does this relate to blocking YT ads? AFAIK, what little percentage content-creators make from ad revenue on their channels isn't affected by viewers blocking the ads on their end.

Well , I’m not sure that it does. YouTube has forever changed the way people make money ( and lose money )
I do use the service called YouTube though. I find it extremely useful , informative , and entertaining. The fact that I use it as much as I do , made the decision to finally pay to block the ads - a reality. I didn’t really even factor in the people who actually make their living directly from YouTube.

Don't know. Paying a subscription for YT and paying the artist are two separate things. Ask people like @2112 how much revenue they make from their YT channels. If there was a way to subscribe to a YT channel and send the money to the artist directly I would not hesitate.

Don't know. Paying a subscription for YT and paying the artist are two separate things. Ask people like @2112 how much revenue they make from their YT channels. If there was a way to subscribe to a YT channel and send the money to the artist directly I would not hesitate.

So coming back to the Brave browser (no affiliation but i have been using it for the last few weeks and am quite pleased with it), one of the features that should be implemented this year is that you can tip content creators directly with BAT tokens based on the proportion of time you spend looking at their content. They are trying to equalise the distribution of revenue generated from ads i.e take away power from the likes of google and increase benefits to content creators, publishers and viewers (we can generate tokens from seeing ads). Sound good?

https://brave.com

Does this work?

Currently, for me it blocks ads and trackers like a pi-hole does, and removes you tube ads. The rewards system is yet to be fully implemented though (due later this year I think). Yes I think it works, and it seems to have been around for over a year. Haven't used chrome since starting with brave.

Back
Top Bottom