Finally finished with Preset Organization

Sidivan

Fractal Fanatic
The following banks are for the Ultra!

After many hours listening, playing, and planning, I've finally arrived at what I think is a satisfactory arrangement. I decided to share the banks with you guys so anybody complaining about how the banks aren't organized has a starting point.

Notes:
1.) You will probably disagree with some of the arrangements.
2.) I had to cut over 100 patches to make room for the user spaces as well as the leftover expansion sections. This wasn't a problem for me because after my first pass, I had to go back in and ADD 50 or 60 presets I had originally cut. I put these back in just because I had the space. You will mostly likely disagree with what I cut. Don't post, just put them back in. That's what all that space is for.
3.) I set this up to give me banks of what I call usable sounds. Some are in there because I thought the routing was interesting or there was something about it I didn't know how to replicate without further inspection. My thought on this is that I now have a library of tones that are factory. I copy said tone to one of the first 90 slots and tweak away. I always have the factory setting to go back to even when I'm away from my computer.
4.) All presets are the latest 8.02 presets and are completely un-tweaked.

00 - 89 User palette
90 – 100 Orchestral (Thanks Xavi and 3 Chord Rock!)
101 - 175 Clean
176- 210 Gritty/Blues
201 - 275 Rock
276 - 325 Heavy
325 - 350 Lead
350+ Goofy Stuff

Edit: I mucked up when I dumped the banks, so things were all jumbled (oh the irony). I re-attached the correct banks.

Edit 2: Re-Uploaded again. We'll get this figured out... When I open the banks in the editor, they show up correctly.

Attachments

• Organized Banks 3.zip
    35.9 KB · Views: 271
that´s really great as the 3 Factory Bankds are really totally unsorted, we
call that like "higgledy-piggledy", = "pell-mell" (translator)...

In fact the 3 Banks with Factory presets arrest people to buy that unit
and cause sending back.

But i gave up to try changing/reforming anything since......a long time.....

anyway -

i have my paper list with my favorites in the three banks, like you more
for routing ideas, and always through out about 70% and organize the rest
in worthwhile categories.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems that the bank A file contains bank C...

Raca said:
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it seems that the bank A file contains bank C...

Oh, I might have mucked up the dump. I usually don't do whole banks, so I was struggling with the editor to get it exported correctly. I'll redo it.

Raca said:

Yes, A and C are the same.

Edit: Forgot my manners. Thank you Sid for making these available!

Hi
Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Just downloaded the zip file. A & C banks still the same

vaxed said:
Hi
Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Just downloaded the zip file. A & C banks still the same

I just checked them in the editor and they appear to be correct. I re-zipped and re-uploaded.

How do I update banks?
My Axe's midi In is to my interfaces Out, and I've sent presets fine with my setup, just never banks. I loaded and sent the .syx (organized banks #2, bank a) with SendSX but none of the presets changed. Do I have to do something special in the Axe?

I did it with Axe Edit. Just open up the preset manager, click the "Banks" tab, click "Source" and find the file you want to use as a bank and load it. Then just shift all the presets over to the axe using the -> icon and save bank.

Also, you'll want to use the "Organized presets 3.zip" that's on the title post. I managed to screw it up twice (bank A and C were the same) on both 1 and 2.

Thanks a lot! That really helps. Your third set of banks downloaded perfectly to my Axe with my Mac and M-Audio Uno Midi Sport.

I appreciate your effort on this,

Don Frantz

Sidivan said:
I did it with Axe Edit. Just open up the preset manager, click the "Banks" tab, click "Source" and find the file you want to use as a bank and load it. Then just shift all the presets over to the axe using the -> icon and save bank.

Also, you'll want to use the "Organized presets 3.zip" that's on the title post. I managed to screw it up twice (bank A and C were the same) on both 1 and 2.
Sweet thanks, everything works! :)

Do you have a list of the omitted presets?

Thanks for sharing your work on preset organization. Do you by any chance have a list of the omitted presets or maybe even better have those omitted presets dumped into a bank that we could load up first? I would like to put those omitted presets into your User Palette slots and then delete them as I need space for altered presets?

If you don't have the list or bank and it's too much of a hassle to create, then don't worry about it ... you've done a ton of good work already. Thanks ....

I didn't keep a list of omitted presets. My final process was simply to go through the patches and the ones that I like I put a *B, *H for heavy, etc... In the middle of this process the 8.02 presets came out. Instead of going through and renaming all of those, I just overwrote my labeled ones with the 8.02's.

Within the categories though, they're basically in factory order. There are a few that are out of order, but for the most part the process went "Listen to axe FX, label, distribute to category".

The vast majority of omitted presets were what I consider the AxeFX "showing off" what it can do with effects. I mean, I don't need a preset with a a maxed out pitch shifter that bounces up and down... Even though I did keep some of those.

Back
Top Bottom