Finally bought an axe fx! ANY GOOD 5150 and Vh4 Patches?

Hi
Not really quiet. I would guess either no one has what you are asking or anyone that does has not seen your post. Many could look and just reply no, but that would be silly and probably annoying for you.
Good luck with the Standard-Great piece of gear

this place is 99% axe 2 posts now, ultra/standard users probably just poke their head in now n again.
that said if you get a good 'balance ' tone please post it! :)

this place is 99% axe 2 posts now, ultra/standard users probably just poke their head in now n again.
that said if you get a good 'balance ' tone please post it! :)

I'm sure that people that have ultra/standards use this forum just as much as axe 2 people. Just cause the axe 2 comes out doesnt mean the standard/ultra is out of the picture.

I got 2 great 5150 and vh4 patches now.
However the midi to usb lead i purchased does not recognise the axe fx :(

Maybe you can open the patch in Axe Edit and copy the settings into your ultra via the screen....it's just a bit ....longer...:)))
A midisport 2x2 works fine with the ultra. Just installing the drivers is a pain in the ass but once it works it will keep running.
As you are new, I suggest you can win some time in the learning process by getting some User Cab IR's that can really fatten up your patches or cut of a bit the stronger low end on the factory user cabs. Factory user cabs are very good also but as far as concerning me I have to put up a bit the LO cut on the amp (250-400Hz) in order to tame the lows a bit.
Evt PM me with an adress so I send you some zipfile for starting up. Let's hope Axechange will be up again in a short time from now so to make sharing at bit more comfortable.
Welcome to the club !

Last edited:
Hey man,

I bought a focusrite saffire interface. Its got the midi, normal inputs and spdif (should you want it) all in one. Totally lush. If you come up with a 5150 patch post it. Would love to rock some Van Halen.

Had a little trouble with my usb-to-midi cable as well. In axe-edit open the audio/midi settings section and check the the Midi IN and Midi Out settings are correct. If they are blank, Im guessing bad cable. If not, try diffrent settings.

Back
Top Bottom