Finally, after 2.5 years, it's complete!

prometh

Power User
It's been pretty hard getting my equipment right. Immediately after buying my MFC-101 (mark 1) back in Oct/2011, I started with customizations, made measurements and paid for a custom pedalboard to be built.

Round 1
Originally, I had tried to split power from the CAT5 cable for LEDs on one of my expression pedals. When all wiring seemed to make perfect sense, I ran a live test only to find it'd fried the "RS-422 transceiver". This required Fractal maintenance.

Round 2
I checked my wiring again, but it still seemed correct. So, when the unit arrived back from Fractal, I ran another live test thinking—and hoping—that it was all a random issue. Fried again. Back to Fractal.

Round 3
So, it was my fault. I got rid of the power split and put in a battery box to power the LEDs. Fried again! For fuck sakes. Back to Fractal [eventually].

Round 4
Bought an XA-1 and XA-2. Took out all the custom CAT5 shit. Success! I'm not sending it back to Fractal. It belongs to me :p Thanks Cliff, Marty and Brian.

After 2.5 years, I have a wah again! :)

Last edited:
Nice setup! How are you using your expression pedals?

I'm currently using three (3) mission exp pedals for volume, Wah/whammy and rate controls

Thanks for the compliments.

Nice setup! How are you using your expression pedals?
I use them pretty similarly. Three are permanently the same (wah,whammy,volume) and one is variable, changing for each preset. It's usually either tremolo speed or manual phaser.

It's been pretty hard getting my equipment right. Immediately after buying my MFC-101 (mark 1) back in Oct/2011, I started with customizations, made measurements and paid for a custom pedalboard to be built.

Clean board man! :D I ran into the same problems as you with the custom wiring, had to send my MFC back twice. I ditched the custom CAT5 stuff and voila! Works like a charm every single time.

I've heard the phantom power from the RJ45 could be used for powering extra leds in the board, i have a few good ideas for this, wanna try....? :D

Back
Top Bottom