Final Fantasy X - To Zanarkand cover :D (download available)

I took a gander and it sounds really awesome! More curious as to how you got that edgey, open lead tone cause that's an element that I can't seem to get and I'm worried it might be because the wood my neck is made out of is making everything sound a bit too dark.

Also liquid-like is another way I would describe the rhythm parts which is seriously great. I can't seem to figure out what gets you that sound. Compression maybE?

It's hard to say.. I'd need a comparison clip! You should post one of your recordings and that way I think I could help you better

Here ya go! It's a song that's going on my instrumental album. I'm close to having that element im looking for for sure, but i feel like my lead could use that liquidy sort feel to it and im having a hard time finding it.

This is so much awesome! Love the FF series and music. Your tone is amazing. What amp/cab(s) did you use for the rhythm? I'd love it if you could post the patch.

Here ya go! It's a song that's going on my instrumental album. I'm close to having that element im looking for for sure, but i feel like my lead could use that liquidy sort feel to it and im having a hard time finding it.

Alright so the tone is pretty good to begin with, I'd add a bass with more 'grit' that's a big part of my tone actually. My bass tone has alot of gain in is so it is partially responsible for the 'tight' feel in the guitar tone. Other than that, I'd give your guitar tone probably a bit more presence/treble, not too much though.

For the lead tone honestly, I used the same patch as my rythm tone with a less hard hitting noise gate and did a highpass at like 130hz! I've posted the patch in the first post if you want it

This is so much awesome! Love the FF series and music. Your tone is amazing. What amp/cab(s) did you use for the rhythm? I'd love it if you could post the patch.

Thanks man. I used the Das Metall amp with 2 recto cabs with different mics. I've posted the patch in the OP

Well this bass tone is from Texas Grind, I've purchased it but I can't use it properly. It doesn't register all of my bass hits and it's pissing me off because the guy won't return my emails. But you can achieve this by setting a pretty aggresive compressor first of all, like compress the shit out of your bass so it doesn't peak. After that boost the lows (80-110hz) wide cut from 120-800 and boost again around 1000-2000hz, also distortion

Back
Top Bottom