Not a Bug Filters in Cab Block Preamp still work when Preamp is set to None - Intentional or Bug?

I just updated to 3.03b, and I noticed that the low/hi cut filters in the preamp section of the cab block are always engaged, even if the Preamp is set to None. Not sure if this was intentional, especially as the default hi cut is set at 10K, which kills a lot of the sizzle.

Works as designed. (See blocks guide. Although a little vague, all cuts apply after preamp regardless of what page it's on.)

Last edited:
Those 'global' filters in the 'Preamp' tab were the only ones available originally. So they were always active. The individual ones were added later. Having both can be a bit confusing, but I believe that the original ones had to be kept so that existing presets would not be affected.

The 'Bass, Mid, and Treble' controls are however only active when a 'Preamp' is selected.

Those 'global' filters in the 'Preamp' tab were the only ones available originally. So they were always active. The individual ones were added later. Having both can be a bit confusing, but I believe that the original ones had to be kept so that existing presets would not be affected.

The 'Bass, Mid, and Treble' controls are however only active when a 'Preamp' is selected.
Makes sense, I wasn't sure it was intentional because all the other parameters on the Preamp page are inactive when Preamp is off, and there are hi/low cut filters already on the top page.

I typically use the global filters in the preamp tab. Mostly out of habit probably. I do use the individual ones when I'm using two different IRs, isolated to work in two different signal paths, and need different filter settings for each path.

Back
Top Bottom