" Filter Block " ..... question re: Lo / Hi Cut ..... ?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hi all

When using the " Filter Block ", you can set the lo / hi cut to taste.

When you do this in the " Speaker Block " you can also chose the slope so that you get normal / musical roll-off below and above the lo / hi chosen frequencies.

So ..... my question re: the lo / hi cut in the " Filter Block " is ....

-> when I select the lo / hi cut freq range, are the frequencies outside the lo / hi cut range " brick-wall-hard-cut-off " -or- is a default slope roll-off applied ?

-> if there is a default roll-off auto-applied, is there a way to set this manually in the Filter block ?

Thanks,
Ben

LOWCUT and HICUT in the Filter block are 1st order filters. Roll off is -6 dB/8va beyond the set cutoff frequency. There are also lowpass and highpass modes for the Filter block that have an adjustable slope via the ORDER parameter. 2nd order = 12 dB/8va and 4th order = 24 dB/8va.

If doing things inside the Axe-Fx, then I like the filter block for high-pass because I can use 2nd order (I'd actually prefer 3rd order). With low-pass, I typically use either 1st or 2nd order. So, low-passing in the Cab block or with a filter block is sufficient.

If doing things inside the Axe-Fx, then I like the filter block for high-pass because I can use 2nd order (I'd actually prefer 3rd order). With low-pass, I typically use either 1st or 2nd order. So, low-passing in the Cab block or with a filter block is sufficient.

The Cab block filters have adjustable slope too.

The Cab block filters have adjustable slope too.
I guess I should've written my response more clearly. I was writing to let the OP know how to do things in the Axe-Fx, with a few of my personal preferences that I use in my DAW.

I don't use the cab block. I use an IR loader plugin in my DAW.

I don't use filter blocks, either. I do all of my EQing inside of my DAW.

Back
Top Bottom