Filter Block for Single vs. Humbuckers

mferrand

Inspired
Hey All,

I play in a classic rock band and need to switch off between two guitars, usually Strat and a Les Paul. I was constantly twiddling with my settings to get the sound I wanted. What would work for one guitar didn't suit me for the other. I was able to use X/Y a Filter Block block to get close to what I was looking for.

Here is what it's doing. I have my Amp block set for a fairly neutral sound. If I am using a guitar with Humbuckers and want it a bit bright, I press the 'X' setting. This is a Highshelf Filter with Frequency at 1000 Hz, Q at .707 and the Gain set to 6 dB. This functions like a 'Treble Boost'. If I am playing a guitar with Single Coil Pickups I use the 'Y' setting. This is a Lowshelf Filter. Same parameters as above but an opposite response. This tames the high end above 1000 Hz. In addition, since single coil pickups has less output, I set the level to 6 dB' This compensates for the difference in pickups. What do you think? Any suggestions?

Cheers, Mike

hey if it works for you that's all that matters. personally i embrace the differences in guitars, that's why i play different ones. i've never understood trying to minimize the difference when switching.

I have patches for every song/guitar. I don't try to compensate for pickups in one patch - as long as the level is the same across the board.

Back
Top Bottom