Files

493dart

So i have a usb to midi adapter cable and i cant get the Axe fx to see it. Ive used this cable on a Peavey Vypr before abd it does work . Trying to put files from my desktop into it. they are the proper .syx files.

Is there a basic tutorial or trouble shooting guide on here anywhere ??
Do i need to be in a certain mode on the Axe ?

no mode or anything for loading Presets. once you hit Send, it loads.

you can help us help you by telling us what USB/MIDI cable, and linking to or uploading a file here so we can check that it's correct.

i dont think i can link anything until i have 10? posts.
the adapter i have ..if you search for midi to usb cable adapter..theres a ton of them on Ebay (from china) . it has midi in/out --then a little biscuit thing with Leds on it , then usb end .

i guess i can try a different file from here tonight .

i dont think i can link anything until i have 10? posts.
the adapter i have ..if you search for midi to usb cable adapter..theres a ton of them on Ebay (from china) . it has midi in/out --then a little biscuit thing with Leds on it , then usb end .

i guess i can try a different file from here tonight .
it's possible for "things from china" to work with some gear and not with others. i had an M-Audio UNO which worked on some gear and not on others.

what program are you using to load and send the file?

Axe Edit...not really sure exactly how to use it yet....im new to axe fx world. I can build presets in the unit itself now just fine , but havent d/l any from forums

Last edited:
The M-Audio Uno was indeed problematic/incompatible with the Standard/Ultra if I remember correctly.

There used to be a list of known problematic interfaces on the Std/Ultra wiki - but the link to the forum post stating them doesn't work anymore.

Mine at the time was a M-Audio one (not an UNO though) - can't remember exactly off hand what model it was and it's probably buried in one of my many drawers of bygone junk which I don't fancy searching. Actually looking at the m-audio website I think it was the Midisport 1x1 model ..... cheap but worked fine when I had an Ultra.

I was worried I wouldn't find something that would work with the Ultra but my friend was throwing out an M-Audio Uno and I tried it and it worked for me and the best part was that it was free :)

I do regularly use the M-Audio Uno with the Ultra and I let a friend borrow mine for his Ultra and it worked fine on his computer so he purchased one and the new one works fine as well.

It most likely depends upon the computer.

Back
Top Bottom