Fight For Your Right To Rock!!!

midifine

Inspired
On August 24, 2011, agents from the United States Fish and Wildlife Service raided Gibson's facilities in Memphis and Nashville, Tennessee and seized more than 10,000 guitar fingerboards made from Indian Rosewood along with computers and other records. The US Government claims that Gibson violated the Lacey Act by purchasing and exporting Fingerboards from India. The Lacey Act was amended in 2008 to prevent trafficking in illegally harvested or illegally exported plants and further states that plant materials, like fingerboards, cannot be taken in violation of the laws of another country. Gibson took extra measures to make sure that the fingerboards were legally exportable and even received approval from the Indian Government before purchasing the fingerboards. Gibson has done nothing wrong and firmly believes that the Lacey Act does not give the United States the power to tell another country how to enforce their laws.

Henry Juszkiewicz wrote: "As a lifelong conservationist, I am distressed that our government is using a law as important as the Lacey Act not to fight illegal logging but to enforce protectionist Indian labor statutes. This use of scarce governmental resources does nothing to further the critical environmental effort to halt global deforestation or to protect American jobs."

Fight For Your Right To Rock!! - YouTube

Nice video! I'm really curious to see how this case ends up - why haven't other companies like PRS, Martin or some of the boutique builders (Suhr, Grosh and Hamer) been affected by this - seems very odd to me. Why would they just target Gibson? As always, there are two sides to every story. Sounds to me like Gibson pissed somebody off that they shouldn't have...

Nice video! I'm really curious to see how this case ends up - why haven't other companies like PRS, Martin or some of the boutique builders (Suhr, Grosh and Hamer) been affected by this - seems very odd to me. Why would they just target Gibson? As always, there are two sides to every story. Sounds to me like Gibson pissed somebody off that they shouldn't have...

It's all political ... the allections are coming next year... in my opinion.. the truth will never know...

Back
Top Bottom