few questions

Hi everybody,
I'm a very rookie in the axe fx world, please forgive me...

I've some questions for you, I hope to get some information more...

1) when I usa the axe FX in a P.A. I always use the speaker emulation, when I usa the it in a guitar tube power amp anche a guitar cabinet I turn off the speacker emulation. So, when i usa a FRFT power amp (like carvin dcn, or art sla) in a FRFT passive speaker I have tu use or not the speaker emulation? when I use a FRFT power amp in a guitar cab (like mesa 4x12)?

2) on stage I would put my aaxe fx directly into two active monitor. would I pass thru a mixer before?

thanx a lot

bye

TheCyberPacth

1: FRFR poweramp -> FRFR speaker : poweramp sim on, cab sims on
FRFR poweramp -> guitarcab : poweramp sim on, cab sims off

2. You don't need to go through a mixer to the active monitors, but you might want to send a signal to FOH (ie. the PA that is amplifying the music in the club)

Jens

ThanX Jens!
I can turn off cab sim in the "global" control... but to turn off the power amp sim Am I only supposed to turn to "0" the SAG control?

great!!!
thanx a lot

be blessed!
Patch

one more little question...
If I have to use my pretty cute fender combo as a stage monitor... I have only the guitr input connector to plug the axe fx into it...
could I use it? any special setting?
this is the last question for today, promise!

Last edited:
By using a Fender amp straight into the front, you're pretty much negating everything the Axe is doing. I'd only do that under desperate conditions. You could bypass cab sims and power amp sim, but you're still running through 2 amps (Axe and Fender) each of which has it's own eq. The Fender isn't going to be anywhere near FRFR, no matter what Fender it is.

If you're running both FOH and using the Fender, you'd want to run the Fender off output 2 and figure out where you want to tap that signal to get the most listenable sound you can.

Back
Top Bottom