Few more rehersal videos. Jake E. Lee and deep cut Zakk contenet

That's awesome! Very clean playing!

I like seeing how you're switching patches. What's your basic setup for those? I'm assuming using scenes? X/Y amps or drive pedals?

My only complaint is that the battery life is terrible on them.

Agreed, we have 3 GoPro Silver 3+, 1 Hero 4 and 1 Session Gen 1 all having the same issue. The GoPro Session is probably the best for battery life and is lightweight for mounting on your noggin'.

Great videos Todd, love it!

That's awesome! Very clean playing!

I like seeing how you're switching patches. What's your basic setup for those? I'm assuming using scenes? X/Y amps or drive pedals?
Thanks man. Actually a few mistakes during the solos on each but that's what practice is for right? LOL! I'm using Scene's and Scene controllers in my presets. I have a modifier on the Input Gain and Master Volume so there is no gap when switching from my high gain sound to my clean sound. I keep Scene 1 as my Rhythm and Scene 3 is always my clean. Scene 2,4,5 I keep as varying leads depending on the preset. Buttons 6,7 and 8 are Flanger, Delay and a Filter block I use as a lead boost. I have about 20 presets I use total in my Ozzy tribute. Some are song specific some can cover a few songs.

Agreed, we have 3 GoPro Silver 3+, 1 Hero 4 and 1 Session Gen 1 all having the same issue. The GoPro Session is probably the best for battery life and is lightweight for mounting on your noggin'.

Great videos Todd, love it!
Thanks man. Ya, I keep 2 spare batteries charged but it's really annoying that the battery life is so short. Other than that I think they are great.

Thanks man. Actually a few mistakes during the solos on each but that's what practice is for right? LOL! I'm using Scene's and Scene controllers in my presets. I have a modifier on the Input Gain and Master Volume so there is no gap when switching from my high gain sound to my clean sound. I keep Scene 1 as my Rhythm and Scene 3 is always my clean. Scene 2,4,5 I keep as varying leads depending on the preset. Buttons 6,7 and 8 are Flanger, Delay and a Filter block I use as a lead boost. I have about 20 presets I use total in my Ozzy tribute. Some are song specific some can cover a few songs.

Thanks for the insight! I'm learning a ton about using scenes, scene controllers, all that good stuff. I love hearing what gigging guitarists are doing live too.

Thanks for the insight! I'm learning a ton about using scenes, scene controllers, all that good stuff. I love hearing what gigging guitarists are doing live too.
Scenes and Scene Controllers open up so many possibilities. Rock on!

What's that blue Charvel? I had a blue GMW Jake up until last spring.
It's actually a Charvel Wildcard #7 Primer scream that I just had painted to look like Jake's Ultimate Sin blue burst Charvel. It came out great.
IMG_1924.JPG
Here is what it looked like before.
IMG_1921.JPG

Did you have it for sale on Rig Talk? I saw someone selling one on there last year.
Yup, that was me. It took about 17 minutes to sell. As a HUGE Jake fan, and Charvel fan, it was weird that I never bonded with that guitar.

I love what you did with yours. Very cool. Great playing as usual too!

Yup, that was me. It took about 17 minutes to sell. As a HUGE Jake fan, and Charvel fan, it was weird that I never bonded with that guitar.

I love what you did with yours. Very cool. Great playing as usual too!
Thanks man. I must have just missed out on that guitar. I remember I was so sad. I had the money but I didn't see the post soon enough. Timing is everything. Good to see ya over here though! Rock on!

Thanks man. I must have just missed out on that guitar. I remember I was so sad. I had the money but I didn't see the post soon enough. Timing is everything. Good to see ya over here though! Rock on!

Honestly, I understand the love for those old GMWs, but I prefer the Pro-Mod Charvels for gigging. The neck on the GMW was thin, and with the JB it was just too bright for me. I played one of those tangerine WildCards with the hardtail, and I would rather have that than the GMW...pains me to say.

Di

Do you have a pic of yourself with the camera on your head? Not for teasing, but to see if I'm willing to do the same thing for my own practices.
Also, your vocalist sounds pretty spot on. Great work and playing.
Do you have a pic of yourself with the camera on your head? Not for teasing, but to see if I'm willing to do the same thing for my own practices.
Also, your vocalist sounds pretty spot on. Great work and playing.
I don't have a picture of myself but here is what I'm using. It's basically a housing for the GoPro with a clip. I wear a fitted hat and clip it just like in the picture. I have a head mount strap as well but the guys in the band make fun of me when I wear it so I use this instead. LOL!.
IMG_1992.JPG

@bishop5150 If you don't mind me asking how do you do this, Thats the one thing that bugs me is the gap switching from clean to gain. Always dig the videos as well.

@bishop5150 If you don't mind me asking how do you do this, Thats the one thing that bugs me is the gap switching from clean to gain. Always dig the videos as well.
Hi Rich, I use Scenes and a Scene controller on the input gain and master volume of my amp block to lower the gain and control the volume to go from hi gain to clean instead of switching from a hi gain amp block to a clean amp block. By doing this there is no gap when switching from hi gain to clean since I'm just lowering the gain down to where it becomes clean.

Back
Top Bottom