FET Boost real pedal equivalent?

I was building a Supro patch the other day and decided to break out the FET Boost to goose it and tighten the low-end up a little bit. I really love how transparent it is in terms of frequency response and how the tone knob responds when you move it ever so slightly up from the midpoint. Is there a real-life equivalent of the FET Boost model? Yek's post on the matter speculates that it's a Fulltone Fat Boost but that pedal has different tonestack controls (Bass and Treble as opposed to a single Tone control) so I don't think that's it. Can anybody from the Fractal camp or somebody similarly in-the-know direct me towards an equivalent? Thanks a bunch!

In the Austin Buddy world before the new Klon was added, he used the FET boost as a Klon.
Try the new Klon pedal.

I was building a Supro patch the other day and decided to break out the FET Boost to goose it and tighten the low-end up a little bit. I really love how transparent it is in terms of frequency response and how the tone knob responds when you move it ever so slightly up from the midpoint. Is there a real-life equivalent of the FET Boost model? Yek's post on the matter speculates that it's a Fulltone Fat Boost but that pedal has different tonestack controls (Bass and Treble as opposed to a single Tone control) so I don't think that's it. Can anybody from the Fractal camp or somebody similarly in-the-know direct me towards an equivalent? Thanks a bunch!
At the top of this forum window, click on "Wiki" and read up on the models.

I'm gonna bump this as I once again find myself asking the same question... any insight, in particular from the Fractal crew?

I'm gonna bump this as I once again find myself asking the same question... any insight, in particular from the Fractal crew?
From a quick read of Wiki, my guess is similar to the FET Input boost on the Dumbles, ODS, SSS, etc. Just a simple but effective JFET boost. Schematics are on Ampgarage if that helps, very simple circuit. Don’t know of a pedal that copied the Dumble FET boost, but there probably is one.

Back
Top Bottom