Fender's new models for 2021

Chewie5150

Fractal Fanatic
Been seeing some new Fender models pop up at the shop and they're pretty cool. The new Player plus models seem to pack quite a punch for the dollar. Many modern features such as body carve, locking tuners, rolled fingerboard and noiseless pickups. Also the American Ultra luxe Tele is pretty darn sweet but at a hefty price point. I'm not a tele player but I have a feeling it may be my calling as an old man. Not due to age but just a leaning more towards classic sounds the older i get. Thoughts?

Last edited:
HI @Chewie5150
Yeah I must admit - the Tele is a magical guitar. As an old man I can agree on that hah!
Have you played one with the Axe FX yet?
Thanks
Pauly

HI @Chewie5150
Yeah I must admit - the Tele is a magical guitar. As an old man I can agree on that hah!
Have you played one with the Axe FX yet?
Thanks
Pauly
I have an embarrassing admission: I have never put my hands on a tele. After all these years I have no good answer as to why other than the first half of my guitar playing years I wrongly attributed the Tele as a 'country guitar' then over time realizing it covers all grounds and has such a unique sound

I don’t play it a lot, but I have one Tele here at all times. It’s never my first choice, but there doesn’t seem to be any music it doesn’t fit in, or at least anything I play!

I have this scenario that plays in my mind a lot. One day, I walk into the guitar shop and pick up the Tele and hear heavenly trumpets and the clouds open above. angelic. Strumming and blazing that neck and guitar nerd at store looks at me with this silent smile in his eyes. Nodding..yes. yessss now you understand. After all these years choosing to be a floyd rose type guy I finally relent and let the wand choose me. Harry Potter reference.

I have two Teles, and neither are traditional Teles. One is an HH (thinking about turning it into a humbucker Esquire,) and the other is an Offset from the Magnificent Seven. Boy, do I love them though.

I think one of the first songs i'd rip would be Twist My Arm by the Tragically Hip. Canadian content naturally. If you haven't heard of this band, oh my. Road Apples is one of my fav Hip Albums.

I have an embarrassing admission: I have never put my hands on a tele. After all these years I have no good answer as to why other than the first half of my guitar playing years I wrongly attributed the Tele as a 'country guitar' then over time realizing it covers all grounds and has such a unique sound
A while ago I went to Big Box Center looking for a modern strat.
Almost came home with a tele, just sounded great.
When I went up to the desk to give it to an employee to put it back way up high, some random guy who'd been listening to me play fancy strats and one tele out of the blue said about the tele in my hands, "that one sounds the best".

I haven't had one since high school though, and that one ended up sort of Steve Morse-d.
It was great, at a million things.

Last edited:
Quick...to the music shop!
Thanks
Pauly

I´m in the market for a Tele too, got everything else (Super Strat, Strat, LP, EBMM Morse, Gibson Blues Hawk, LAG Starline) covered...I only had a Tele in my hands when I tried one at the music store...the cheap Squier Thinline sounded much better than the "real" Fender Tele...and then there´s this Schecter PT on my radar...but is one with 2 humbuckers a real Tele?

I´m in the market for a Tele too, got everything else (Super Strat, Strat, LP, EBMM Morse, Gibson Blues Hawk, LAG Starline) covered...I only had a Tele in my hands when I tried one at the music store...the cheap Squier Thinline sounded much better than the "real" Fender Tele...and then there´s this Schecter PT on my radar...but is one with 2 humbuckers a real Tele?
Re your last question, No. Might be cool, but it's not a real Tele.

This has me thinking about what makes a Tele a Tele. Is it the body/neck that you love or its that classic sound of the two single coil pickups? And what about making your great Strat cover the ground of a Tele? Seems there are a lot of mods out there to do this.

This has me thinking about what makes a Tele a Tele. Is it the body/neck that you love or its that classic sound of the two single coil pickups? And what about making your great Strat cover the ground of a Tele? Seems there are a lot of mods out there to do this.

The answer depends on how semantic people want to get IMO.

Or conversely, a Nashville Tele. Is it really a Tele w/out being able to do neck/bridge? Or is it really a Strat w/ a different body and pickups?

Back
Top Bottom