FENDER TWIN REVERB / DRIVE LOW LOW LOW but STILL BREAKING UP / ANY ADVICES ?

Also remember that all the models use the "High" input (Input '1' on Fenders). If you want to mimic the "Low" input set Input Trim to 0.5.
dumb question probably, but what exactly are you referring to when you say "high" / input 1 ? do you mean for example on a Twin the Vibrato channel, which iirc, is slightly hotter than the Normal channel ? aren't the inputs per channel, 1 and 2, exactly the same ?

Nope. Input 1 had a higher sensitivity (not sure that's the right word) than input 2. So louder instruments would go into 2.

If you used both inputs at the same time I think they both turned into low sensitivity inputs.

thx to everyone for their advices, ideas...this was my first thread in the forum and i didnt expect it to be this useful...lots of new ideas, cant wait to try them out this week.

peace

Nope. Input 1 had a higher sensitivity (not sure that's the right word) than input 2. So louder instruments would go into 2.

If you used both inputs at the same time I think they both turned into low sensitivity inputs.
yeah, thanks Chris !
did some quick research... turns out with any Fender amp I ever played, never tried the second input... research indeed says that input two is roughly half of input 1, which is pretty much what Cliff stated with Input Trim down to 0.5.
one quote I found says:
"Cuts the signal in half. It's a passive divider network, pure & simple. Each jack has a 68K resistor on it for isolation. When only #2 is used, they represent a 2:1 ratio divider with the signal at the top of the totem and the grid connected to the junction node."

interesting how many new tiny bits you can learn everyday :)

the info about which input was used to model the amp and what to do to emulate the low z input should be wiki'd, i reckon. right in there with the amp description.

Thx man, i thought about lowering the trim, but i loose some higher frequencies with lower trim....for crunch sound i even use trim instead of drive....to me it sounds better than higher drive. But i will play around with trim again.

I think the loss of higher frequencies as you lower the trim is in your head (or more specifically, your ears). This is a digital trim which does not cause treble bleed; it's not like reducing the volume using the volume knob on your guitar. It's like putting a null filter in front of the amp which just decreases the signal level. Of course if it affects the volume of the patch (which it will probably do to a great extent with such low breakup), then your ears will play tricks with you, since your hearing is not sensitive to high frequencies at low volumes. Once you turn down the trim, turn up the amp level to make sure you're getting the same volume as before, and the highs should be there.

I think the loss of higher frequencies as you lower the trim is in your head (or more specifically, your ears). This is a digital trim which does not cause treble bleed; it's not like reducing the volume using the volume knob on your guitar. It's like putting a null filter in front of the amp which just decreases the signal level. Of course if it affects the volume of the patch (which it will probably do to a great extent with such low breakup), then your ears will play tricks with you, since your hearing is not sensitive to high frequencies at low volumes. Once you turn down the trim, turn up the amp level to make sure you're getting the same volume as before, and the highs should be there.

yep u are right about it...feels like there is almost no difference between "high drive - low trim / low drive high trim"...i tried it with twin reverb. maybe it would make difference by other amps.

My advice would be to not have any preconceived notions about what the drive knob "should" be for the tone you are trying to achieve. Use your ears and not your eyes to tweak.

Here's a clean Super Verb patch that I did recently that I was very happy with:
Axe-Change - Download Preset - Adam's Super Clean - by AdamCook

thx for your advice, and the recording...sounds great but :))) i think its not easy to judge the REAL amp tone with compression, chorus, lots of reverb or delay...but anyway, as i said it sounds great and cool playing.
i feel like since i am in this forum (3-4 days), i learned alot and improved my ton with axe. i am mainly working patches with fender, vox, mesa and some marshall amps.
i might upload some "dry" recordings soon, to see what you guys think and maybe i get some more advices to get even better results...

I personally don't care what the dry tone is like since we add all the other stuff in the axe. I just need the result :)

The amp tone is great. The compression, chorus, delay, and reverb make it sound even better :). Just ask Eric Johnson...

Back
Top Bottom