Fender Twin (Double Verb)

Phostenix

Power User
I don't think the Twin has ever sounded better than it does now with FW14 & the 2X12 Double Verb M160 UR IR. It's exactly what I want from a clean amp. Big, punchy, bright & sparkly without being harsh, etc. Sounds great with single coils or humbuckers. Sounds great with a TS808 drive in front of it. Etc., etc. If you haven't tried it in a while, give it another whirl. :)

what is the IR? Is it a factory preset (if so what#?). Or is it a new one I'll need to load. I didn't see it in my factory presets.

Try it with different amps too. CAE Clean, for instance.

One thing I've noticed with many of the UR IRs is that the effect of using them with "mismatched" amps doesn't produce the same level of "Nope! Well, that didn't work. Let's try another".

Try it with different amps too. CAE Clean, for instance.

One thing I've noticed with many of the UR IRs is that the effect of using them with "mismatched" amps doesn't produce the same level of "Nope! Well, that didn't work. Let's try another".

Not surprisingly - In the good old Ultra and Standard days there was no CAE Clean, because it's damn close to the double verb and was originally meant by CAE to get the Twin Reverb sound.

Last edited:
It's one of the new ones included in the FW 14 download folder, under UltraRes samples and Fractal. Use FractalBot to load it into a user cab slot.

Just to double check and sorry about the hijack. Is there any reason not to use axe manage to load the cabs? It's what I've been using and seems to work. Never used fractal bot to do it. I know before axe manage it was the way to go. Am I missing anything? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I spend some more time with this tonight with another guitar with SD Jazz/JB pickups & Triple Shot rings so I can get single coil or humbucker sounds. My patch also has the TS808 drive, tremolo, and rotary (and other FX). I could spend hours on this one patch with all the tones available. I can't remember being more inspired to create. Everything sounds and feels amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

...Looking forward to the release of Cab Pack 4.

Me too!

I'm actually finding the entire TAF UltraRes collection very useful. I'm familiar enough with the mic's and quickly becoming familiar with the various cabs. Finding (or mixing) an IR to fit a given application is proving to be a quick and painless process for me (thanks to CabLab2!). Adding Cab Pack #4 will only serve to make this task easier for me. Can't wait! :)

Back
Top Bottom