Fender Tone Master amps

Im all for it. I carried an SF and BF RI twin in the touring band. Identical tone at half the weight? Take my money. Other members of another forum have tried them out and said it's nearly dead on. Add any other factor (aka band member or audio source) and you'd never know it wasnt all tube and 60-80lbs.

No. The solid state amps. Have been hearing good things about them. Though of asking here and especially because I was interested in knowing how they compare to an AX8

One amp versus many amps, cabs and effects. Not a direct comparison.

Write down your needs and budget and wants.

Less of a requirement, more of a new toy thing. Just don’t want to be underwhelmed by it if it’s nowhere near the AX8.

I am, though, still looking for an am in the room feel. This is probably because I primarily noodle, rather than playing a specific song (and therefore a specific tone on an album).

I’m looking for a hassle free solution which makes me forget that I’m playing a solid state amp.

My singer in my band got one to replace his deluxe reverb which was giving him some issues and he wanted a lighter weight. It is a great amp that works very well for him.

Buy one from a store, and if you dont gel return it.
Well - you know I could do that, wonder why I didn’t figure it out.

Sorry jk. On a serious note - I avoid returns where I can. I was hoping to get the opinion of someone here who might have had experience playing it.

Sorry jk. On a serious note - I avoid returns where I can. I was hoping to get the opinion of someone here who might have had experience playing it.
Nobody can give you your own opinion... ;)

But it exists exactly for customers to test things out without losing their money if they don't like it. Just ask if there's a restocking fee.

All accounts I've heard are it's 95% the same sound-wise as the tube version. Go get one :)

But it exists exactly for customers to test things out without losing their money if they don't like it. Just ask if there's a restocking fee.

All accounts I've heard are it's 95% the same sound-wise as the tube version. Go get one :)

Probably won’t get shipping fees refunded from most retailers these days, and you need to pay to ship it back also which keeps getting more expensive year after year , so depending on the size/weight of the amp, it could probably cost $100 or more to try something out....

I had an Erica Synths Zen delay a few weeks ago I didn’t get on with and it was $27 to ship it back priority mail and they retailer deducted $33 for original shipping and that was just a little table top delay unit. Amp would surely cost a good bit more

Back
Top Bottom