Fender The Edge Artist Series Signature Stratocaster (Modified)

Man, we need this COVID stuff to end. 😜 Pretty cool though. I’ve tried to relic a couple of guitars. You did much better than me. Love the tourquoise. What’s happening with the pickups? Just different covers?

Oops. Just realized that it’s not yours. Disregard.

Nope, I have one but I was just searching because I heard they were discontinued. I'll edit the post to avoid confusion.

I guess I was just curious why he didn't start with a less expensive option. I bought an unfinished Strat body for a project for only $50.

I had one. I didn’t really bond with the neck. I should‘ve put it away. Prices will certainly go up.

I have a 70's U.S. re-issue, with a 7.25" radius and vintage frets. It's the guitar I learned to play on. So when I went to the 9.5" neck with medium jumbos, it certainly took some getting used to. I really like the feel now and I really like the look of the tinted, quarter-sawn maple.

Man, at that point just sand the whole thing down and leave it at that.

Had to be a lot of work to get the poly off!

Don't understand why one would do that. I love my Edge strat - though I did go with the all black mode on mine.
3qn1ILp.jpg

Man, at that point just sand the whole thing down and leave it at that.

Had to be a lot of work to get the poly off!

Don't understand why one would do that. I love my Edge strat - though I did go with the all black mode on mine.
3qn1ILp.jpg

Hmmm...looks familiar! I did the same with my US re-issue. :)

His cream LPC sold for $240,000 (I stand corrected) what do you think the 73 blackie would sell for?

1603994626287.png

Last edited:
If you want a guitar to modify it to your own taste, why get an artists signature in the first place? Get a basic regular model and mod to your hearts content. It will even be cheaper as you're not paying for the artist signature to begin with.

This guitar reminds me of a thread on the Telecaster Guitar Forum, where a member asked what people would be willing to pay for his partscaster. Which for most people, to the OP's chagrin, turned out wasn't that much. It doesn't matter how well you assemble the parts, you are an unknown element to any buyer so the whole becomes less worth then its separate parts. Similarly, doesn't matter how well your mods are to this guitar, you are an unknown element to any buyer so it becomes significantly less worth then the original state it was in. They are also highly specific to the tastes of the modder, which makes this guitar even more worthless.

The price reflects that he's selling it "as his own".

A $1000 for a heavily modded guitar, 'as his own' from a dude I don't know? He butchered the body, he butchered the neck, the hardware might be salvageable. $200, which should include shipping for the hardware, AFAIC, and then I'm feeling generous. That's all its worth to me.

Back
Top Bottom