AFIII Fender Texas Special vs Fender Hot Noiseless Pickups

TrickRichards

Inspired
Hey y’all, here’s a video I did comparing the Fender CS Texas Specials to the Fender Hot Noiseless pickups. I play a bunch of classic riffs using 3 amps from the Axe Fx III, Super Reverb, Vibroverb, and the 50w Plexi Jump. I have to say, the results surprised me! Hopefully some of you find this helpful/interesting!

Really good video and comparison. A while back tried out a Jeff Beck guitar with hot noiseless pickups and was surprised how good it sounded. I could use them if I needed to. I've never used noiseless pickups in any of my Stratocasters so far, because they don't quite have the same chime and mids I'm used to like you mentioned.

Really good video and comparison. A while back tried out a Jeff Beck guitar with hot noiseless pickups and was surprised how good it sounded. I could use them if I needed to. I've never used noiseless pickups in any of my Stratocasters so far, because they don't quite have the same chime and mids I'm used to like you mentioned.
Thanks! My thoughts exactly. I would definitely use the hot noiseless as a backup guitar if there was bad stage wiring or lighting interference. I’ve tried so many noiseless pickups over the years, but it’s the same conclusion every time! So far, you just can’t touch the chime and mids of a true single coil. Gotta say, I am curious about the Kinman pickups though...

How about the Suhr and Tom Anderson noiseless setups? Anyone done a direct compare with straight single coils?

I haven't tried any noiseless pickups I liked as much as singles, but I really do hate the hum and noise.

How about the Suhr and Tom Anderson noiseless setups? Anyone done a direct compare with straight single coils?

I haven't tried any noiseless pickups I liked as much as singles, but I really do hate the hum and noise.
I was impressed with Suhr’s silent backplate system. It’s not 100 percent noiseless, but still really effective. You can now order a backplate system from Ilitch Electronics, I think they were the company that originally made them for Suhr.

As for the Tom Anderson pickups, I haven’t heard them yet. I’d love to get my hands on those! I wonder, is anyone here using a Tom Anderson guitar with the noiseless pickups? Maybe someone can post a vid?!

Back
Top Bottom