Fender Strat Loaded Gilmour Pickguard?

JRod4928

Power User
I'm looking for a loaded pickguard with Gilmour pickups. Particularly the CS69, Fat50, and SD SSL-5 with a 2-way 'Gilmour switch'. I know that 920D sells them, but I'm trying to save a little cash, and I don't want to sacrifice quality.

With that said, I found a loaded pickguard on TGP that is NOT a 920D loaded pickguard (the ones you see on ebay), but it does have a switch wired in and it appears to have full size (maybe 250k) pots, and some random capacitors soldered to the pots. The switch does not appear to be the same switch used in the 920D model, but I'm assuming it all works, but I'm not experienced enough with electronics to know what I'm looking at...

That's where you guys come in... so, does this loaded pickguard raise any red flags to you guys in terms of electronics quality? Do the pots appear to be good quality? Do you see anything unusual (other than the 2 way 'gilmour' switch)?

FS - David Gilmour "Black Strat" Inspired Loaded Pickguard | The Gear Page

Thanks, but I'm looking cheaper than that. I'm not looking to build a 'replica' of DG's guitar, I just want something with similar tone. I'm hoping to spend in the 150-200 range.

So if you want something similar and cheap, then buy all the components separately and make it yourself. I'm sure you'll find proper schematics in google. It won't get any cheaper than that.

true. I have little patience and time when it comes to electronics. I guess I'm being lazy, but I'd rather buy a loaded pickguard and throw it in :)

Just bagged a 2015 MIM strat, with the loaded 920D gilmour pickguard (Fat 50, Custom Shop 69, and Seymour Duncan SSL-5 with 2 way toggle switch) AND Fender Locking tuners for $600, shipped, assembled, and set up.

AWESOME, considering they're $750 from Sigler music on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom