Fender Strat Input Level Axe FX Ultra

AXBX

Hi Folks,

Today I dived into setting up the Axe FX ULTRA. When I plugged in my Strat I had to bring up the input volume knob to the highest possible setting to get a bit of the red Led. Does anyone have experience with those strat levels. Input stage seems a bit low...

Thanks very much
Best regards
Tim

yep, pretty normal for a strat's mild pickup output. i can't even get mine into the red at all. don't worry, nothing is wrong.

Same thing with my Strat. I was also wondering about that but it sounds great so I wasn't too worried.

I only see the red light on my clean patches
OP is about input levels. If you're only seeing the red LED on your clean patches, it sounds to me like you're talking about the output LEDs. If that's the case, you might want to drop these levels - the output clipping LEDs should never be on.

Ive learnt to err on the lower side of the input. Mine is at 11:30/12:00 and im getting the best tones ive ever gotten out of the axefx.... clean to metal. I also dont turn up when i plug my strat or tele in, i raise the gain on the ampsim or turn level or mix up when using a boost infront. Try it for a week or so, youll have to adjust your presets but its worth it.

Back
Top Bottom