Fender Roland G5 Strat

rickgk

Experienced
Hi,

I just purchased a fender Roland g5 strat. Anyone else here using one? I really like the neck profile and the playability is really good, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the guitar itself.

But the guitar modelling is pretty disappointing imo.
The Humbuckers tones on the wound strings are rubbery and muddy and sounds weak compared to my real Humbuckers, the modelled strat is pretty good though, but the really disappointing thing for me is that the modelling doesn't react properly when riding the volume knob, the sound doesn't clean up nice and also turns muddy and bassy sounding.
My suhr modern for example when lowering the volume knob cleans up beautifully and adds a nice top end sparkle through a mid to high gain amp, much of the time I just use one cranked plexi patch and ride the volume knob for clean and dirty tones but I won't be able to do that with the G5.

Also palm muting sounds muffled and dead, I thought this was only an issue with piezo style hex pickups like in the variax but apparently not, this external hex pickup is just as bad.

The baritone tuning is terrible for digital artefacts or aliasing.

Overall it's disappointing and I feel a little duped by the demo's that state that it reacts like the real thing.

thanks for the review.. I was wanting the Variax or the Roland for dealing with tuning issues in the cover band i'm in, but I had issues with the variax on palm mutes, was just not crisp.. was hoping the roland would fix this, guess not.

Back
Top Bottom