Fender have me demoing their American Vintage II stuff. Here's the preset with a video link.

Yep. Lucky me, eh? There are six of their newbie axes stacked up here. I shot the '61 OW Strat today and wrote a reasonably period-correct preset to suit the video (below). Have a crack at it if you're interested. The '57's up next. I'll run the same preset for that one.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9955

Great demo! There’s nothing like the sound of a good Strat into a cranked JTM or ODS with a bit of push from a pedal!

Watched both videos yesterday....luckily, these are not in stock at Sweetwater or I would be out some $$$ :)
The '61 looks more or less exactly like what I wanted that CS Strat I tried out last year to be. Of the 3 available colors, I would pick the burst, but given my choice of colors, either Lake Placid Blue or Burgundy Mist....

The Olympic White version is definitely sexy, but I've been GAS'ing for a 3 tone sunburst strat forever so that one had to be mine.
Well I put myself on the list via musicians friend. They said January but I've never had a good experience with them lol

Thanks for all the kind comments and apologies for the lack of replies from me. I've been out there using these two for the past couple of weeks. The '61 is amazing and does the clean Mark Knopfler thing very well. But for rock 'n roll I'm placing the '57 in top position. There's something about the combination of those pickups (I haven't seen specs and can only guess them), the chunky 'v' profile neck and its light weight. I run it in front of the 1959SLP in the FM9 and have a VERY good time.

Back
Top Bottom