Fender - finally!

Here is the Twin patch I have been working on. Should have it finished Before Friday Night for my gig.

Settings on amp is pretty much stock -- (usually tweak EQ a bit to the room at gig)

works nicely with both my Humbucker (suhr antique Tele ) and SSH guitars (tyler BW 2K)

I use with the vol pot on my guitar around 60-70%

Attachments

• Twin_Reverb.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of using my Les Paul into my Fender amps because, as you mentioned, they compress a little too much for me. I like single coils into Fenders for the most part for that reason. My Les Paul has vintage PAF type pickups, so nothing too hot. I find this the same with the Axe II, especially with MIMIC now.

Quick demo before I go to work of the basic preset with both a an SSH guitar (Tyler Burning Water 2K) and one with Humbuckers (Suhr Antique Korina Tele with humbuckers - both neck/bridge).

Nothing fancy just a couple of chords and strum patterns

SSH used (Neck as well as 2nd and 4th positions on blade) HH (used neck and middle positions on blade)

Recorded it direct into GarageBand

Last edited:
Here's a quick setting to try with the Super Reverb:

With humbuckers:

Master 7.19, drive 4.00, bass 4.72, mid 5.00, treble 8.27, pres. 5.73, bright on, boost on

Single coils:

Try higher settings for Master, drive and/or Bass....tweak to taste!

Btw, ....the Bassmans are drastically improved in FW10.00!! Bassman59 is outstanding!

Thanks FAS!

The music is not my thing, but that was great tone and soloing IMO

Bloomfield is one of my all time favorite guitar players.

Kooper/Bloomfield - does not get much better for me.

The style of music -- personally I love it ... it swings baby!!!!!

classic Mike Bloomfield -- Les Paul going through a Fender Twin on 14!...

Loved that video LVC- I haven't seen that one before. I'm a big fan of Bloomfield and his sound as well. His playing in that genre is about as good as has ever been done.

I was responding to a comment above mine about the Fenders and what I interpreted as using a Les Paul into them for a clean sound with headroom. I prefer the results from using single coils into Fender amps for clean sounds. I prefer humbuckers (my '58 RI Les Paul with Timbuckers specifically) into Fender amps pushed for some overdrive. That said, i tend to prefer other amps for overdrive in general. I tend to always use a pedal or two into my Fender amps for more drive/distortion.

Put a few more hours in playing thru the Fender amps and new cabs and they feel and sound so good it's crazy...from sparkly clean to the edge of breakup and beyond they're just really doing it for me. I get in the tone-zone in seconds with v10; initialize the AMP block, select a cab block that generally works with the AMP at it's default settings for your tone-goal, and a couple of minor tweaks and I'm off...when it's this easy and quick to get tones it's just pure fun....

Reactions: LVC
Quick demo before I go to work of the basic preset with both a an SSH guitar (Tyler Burning Water 2K) and one with Humbuckers (Suhr Antique Korina Tele with humbuckers - both neck/bridge).

Nothing fancy just a couple of chords and strum patterns

SSH used (Neck as well as 2nd and 4th positions on blade) HH (used neck and middle positions on blade)

Recorded it direct into GarageBand

Very tasty!

Are you guys using FRFRs?? If so which ones? And what cabs are you using for these Fenders?

I use an RCF NX12-SMA monitor.
As far as Cab IR I've been using Stereo Cab to mix multiple IRs, but not panned.
I've been liking a bit of the old Stock 2x12 DoubleVerb (RW) mixed with the new 2x12 DoubleVerb Mix

Are you guys using FRFRs?? If so which ones? And what cabs are you using for these Fenders?

I'm using a Tannoy V12 coax for FRFR.

For the Fender amps the 2x12 Pro Verb Mix is a current favorite, but it all depends on the amp. After I select and initialize the AMP block I just go thru a few cabs, and there is usually one cab IR that jumps out as the perfect complement to the amp right away without trawling thru a billion IR's/combinations....very sweet. I really like the new IR's big time...

I'm going to work with the far field IR's next week...

I use the brightswitch and turn down gain. Also down with mids and bass , up with treble a bit. At least for humbuckers.
I play with the neck pickup and adjust B-M-T until the farting stops.
If you are using cab-sims try 4-12 g12M-s to get a more open sound.

Any v10 tips for opening up the Fender models a tad?

I'm liking the tone I get but they are sounding just skoosh compressed. I leave the MV on 10 and adjust just Drive, BMT and Presence. I end up lowering the Drive to 1 to get the most headroom with my Les Paul.

I use the brightswitch and turn down gain. Also down with mids and bass , up with treble a bit. At least for humbuckers.
I play with the neck pickup and adjust B-M-T until the farting stops.
If you are using cab-sims try 4-12 g12M-s to get a more open sound.

Thanks!

Here's a quick setting to try with the Super Reverb:

With humbuckers:

Master 7.19, drive 4.00, bass 4.72, mid 5.00, treble 8.27, pres. 5.73, bright on, boost on

Single coils:

Try higher settings for Master, drive and/or Bass....tweak to taste!

Btw, ....the Bassmans are drastically improved in FW10.00!! Bassman59 is outstanding!

Thanks FAS!

Great. How about some Bassman settings!

I have had a number of vintage Fender amps over the years and the few amps I still have are almost all old Fenders.. to borrow Scott Peterson's term, that's "in my wheel house"..
I agree with everyone else- the Fenders sound and feel like the real deal. Better in some instances.. those old amps can really vary.

see cliff save your money for HIGH gain amps , you apparently have the fenders nailed!

The bassman has always been great in my opinion, but the other clean Fender tones were a bit more elusive to me. If I got just on the verge of breakup they'd sing pretty good, but there's a lot more meat and complexity to these when they are still clean than in the past.

It's funny because I've never really gotten into Fender amps beyond the bassman so I really don't know what I should be expecting, but last night I pulled up the factory Twin Reverb patch, went to youtube for a demo just to see what I should be expecting and it was ridiculous how easily I could dial in something that was so close to what was going on in the video with just the basic amp controls.

I had to turn it off though; I knew I had a real early morning today and I'd never get to bed if I went down the Fender rabbit hole.

I haven't gotten through 1/4 of the amps yet, but the ones that I have are astoundingly better in my opinion. The Fender and Vox amps are the ones that I'm happiest about so far.

I'm finding that the stock fender patches, and many others that I've auditioned, sound bassey. This isn't a new v10 thing (at least for me). They always seem to be set this way. Changing the basic tone controls doesn't fix it. Did you find you needed to make a lot of adjustments?

I'm finding that the stock fender patches, and many others that I've auditioned, sound bassey. This isn't a new v10 thing (at least for me). They always seem to be set this way. Changing the basic tone controls doesn't fix it. Did you find you needed to make a lot of adjustments?

they sound pretty damn good and authentic to me right out of the box.

Back
Top Bottom