Fender deville alternatives?

edo

Power User
Vendor
i'm not a fender amps expert, i'm making a few patches for a mixed covers gig including a few Coldplay and killers tunes, and as far as I can tell both guys are using a couple 2x12 deville's live. What would be the axe model to get me in the ballpark?

The Junior is the smaller cousin of the DeVilles. If it does not work out, I would look at the Deluxe verb.

Thanks, I'll try the blues jr and see. I'd already made some patches using the deluxe verb and I can't complain!

Probably the Blues Jr. Maybe change the power tube type. Blues Jr has EL84's and Deville has 6L6's. Maybe lower the master volume a bit too to simulate the higher headroom of the Deville.

One of the bands I play in we cover both the Killers and Coldplay. I've been using the Hiwatt and matching cab for All these Things by the Killers. I believe Dave used one early on and it sounds pretty good for that song. I use the Double Verb and Deluxe Verb for a couple others of theirs as well as Coldplay. Those two work pretty well for the most part as long as you test out a few IR's. I tried the blues Jr tonight and it sounds pretty good with factory cab 96 from the suggestions above. Use the fat blues jr for more gain. I'll test it out at practice and see how it sounds in the mix. Also thx for the suggestions above!

One of the bands I play in we cover both the Killers and Coldplay. I've been using the Hiwatt and matching cab for All these Things by the Killers. I believe Dave used one early on and it sounds pretty good for that song. I use the Double Verb and Deluxe Verb for a couple others of theirs as well as Coldplay. Those two work pretty well for the most part as long as you test out a few IR's. I tried the blues Jr tonight and it sounds pretty good with factory cab 96 from the suggestions above. Use the fat blues jr for more gain. I'll test it out at practice and see how it sounds in the mix. Also thx for the suggestions above!

I agree, the hiwatt (linked) sounds spot on with the hot fuss tone, so that's what I used for those tunes. As for the later killers and Coldplay I used the double verb because I had no time to mess around during soundcheck, so I had to stick to the patches I made before I started this topic. Now that I have time to mess around I'll try with the suggestions above

Back
Top Bottom