AFIII Fender Demo

I mean, if we’re following them for “proper” naming conventions... these are the same people who called a “vibrato” on the guitar a “tremolo”, and a “tremolo” in the amp a ”vibrato”. Love Fender, but I vote we all agree that they got everything “backwards” and let’s just start calling neck “1” and bridge “5”. Heck, I bet if you went to Leo Fender’s house back in the day he probably hung his toilet paper roll “upside down” too :p

Last edited:
The real problem is, not all guitars have 5 positions... Or even 3.

Some guitars have only 1 pickup, typically bridge (but not always). So numbering is useless.

How about referring to "bridge + middle" or "neck + middle", then there's no question?

Some guitars have only 1 pickup, typically bridge (but not always). So numbering is useless.

How about referring to "bridge + middle" or "neck + middle", then there's no question?
So on that one-pickup guitar, do you call it the neck pickup, the middle pickup, or the bridge pickup? :)

You're overthinking this one. Talking about a Strat with three pickups.

The guy that signed my band to Sony Music, Muff Winwood, produced this track, I've asked him about it a couple of times. Fun fact.

Back
Top Bottom