Fender Deluxe Reverb with Fractal X-Load

I used Cabs 167 and 106

Damn that sounds so good! Thank you for sharing!! I've always enjoyed your videos!

I'm already inspired to try recreate that sound using the Deluxe Verb amps on the Axe FX III, but just curious which cab bank did you use for 167 and 106 please? I'm guessing Factory Bank 2 for 106 but not sure about 167.

Damn that sounds so good! Thank you for sharing!! I've always enjoyed your videos!

I'm already inspired to try recreate that sound using the Deluxe Verb amps on the Axe FX III, but just curious which cab bank did you use for 167 and 106 please? I'm guessing Factory Bank 2 for 106 but not sure about 167.
Legacy!!!!! They're both called Rumble something, don't have it in front of me right now.

My next step is to make a deluxe reverb patch on the Axe FX III that matches my amp. I tried comparing them both. They sound almost identical with the exception that the fractal amp model saturates quicker (I kept in mind that Fractal values are 0-10 and Fender 1-10). My theory, I remember reading this somewhere, is that vintage blackface amps have less headroom than reissues, so that would explain. I'll spend some time with it and post a preset.

Great video and playing as always Camilo - love it !!!

Totally dig it. Desert island amp.

Yep, agree - totally a desert island amp (if the island has electricity).
I lucked into a '64 Deluxe Reveb in great condition, with the verb and trem on both channels mod and the speaker swapped for a Celestion V-type speaker for a way reasonable price a year or two ago and it quickly became a (if not the) favorite amp for me after a long stint of Tweeds and Plexis for 99% of my tones.
The BF DR is just such a great sound and so so versatile with a few choice pedals (good fuzz, Cali 67 stacked, ODR-1, Revival drive, delay of choice) or an Axe Fx in front of it.
I'm still mainly (90% of the time) using my Axe Fx III, but when I fell like using a real tube amp the DR is current the go to amp, with the D13 RSA 23 as a close second.

Back
Top Bottom