Fender Deluxe - Am I crazy?

Robboman wrote:
As I said earlier, I'm very happy with the Axe Bassman because it sounds exactly like my physical one.
My sentiments exactly. (jay mitchell)

Copied and pasted.

I guess it depends on how you define perfect. IMO if the goal is to reproduce the real amp, and it sounds "exactly like my physical one", then it is "perfect".

You may or may not agree :D.

I think i may have exaggerated how many people made similar comments though.

~mx~

yeah but then after it sounds exactly like it, then its time to tweak and make it sound even better than the real one, now thats mind blowing, not only do we get so many great amps for one low price but we get the opportunity to make them sound BETTER, not as good but, BETTER than their analog counterparts!!! IMHOYOMV yada yada yada you know the rest.... but seriously BETTER

marvinx said:
Robboman wrote:
As I said earlier, I'm very happy with the Axe Bassman because it sounds exactly like my physical one.
Bzzt. Fail. Your task was to find one instance of someone saying "the Fender models are perfect." Note that "models" is plural and "perfect" is a specific, superlative adjective. The above quote - which I continue to stand by - does not qualify.
I guess it depends on how you define perfect.
Uhh, no. The word "perfect" does not appear, and the reference was to one Fender model, not all of them. FYI, I've never liked the Blues Junior sim (never liked the physical amps, either), and I've said so in the past.
I think i may have exaggerated how many people made similar comments though.
The "exaggeration" (to use a very generous word) applies to robboman and myself as well.

I repeat my request: please tell the truth....

And should we not stop this blaming stuff, as of right now...... and enjoy the new good stuff. ;)

Jay
1) I didn't fail. It only appears that way in the world in which you have created for yourself.
2) In this world you deligate task for others to complete to your liking.
3) I take on no task from you Jay, i act only upon my own whim.
I will now ignore you and your imaginary world as i no longer care.
~mx~

Jay Mitchell said:
marvinx said:
Robboman wrote:
Bzzt. Fail. Your task was to find one instance of someone saying "the Fender models are perfect." Note that "models" is plural and "perfect" is a specific, superlative adjective. The above quote - which I continue to stand by - does not qualify.
I guess it depends on how you define perfect.
Uhh, no. The word "perfect" does not appear, and the reference was to one Fender model, not all of them. FYI, I've never liked the Blues Junior sim (never liked the physical amps, either), and I've said so in the past.
[quote:20r287vi]I think i may have exaggerated how many people made similar comments though.
The "exaggeration" (to use a very generous word) applies to robboman and myself as well.

I repeat my request: please tell the truth....[/quote:20r287vi]

internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

Well I haven't read the posts since 4PM today other than on this page but I for one found very nice improvements in the fender sims. Didn;t have near enough time to spend on them as I wanted tonight, but I was easily pulling up nice tones ala Neil Young.

gittarzann said:
TBurst Std said:
but I was easily pulling up nice tones ala Neil Young.

Share ? :p

If I saved them.?. When I was shutting down AXE-EDIT it said I had unsave presets, I just told it to forget them as it wasn't that hard to get to what I wanted.

That sound is guitar/pickup specific. I was playing Fralin SCs in a canary necked alder Strat. Amp was the new tweed. Take master up to 9.73. Drive I think I took to about 2:30 oclock. Take bass down to 9 oclock. Take treble up to 3 oclock. I was in position 2 and tuned prescence to taste (a minor change). Adjust amp level to not clip. Cab was a 4x10 with the 121 mike. Use the guitar's vol knob to control gain level realized.

I haven;t even played with PEQ yet as I couldn;t remember my starting settings, and I was too busy enjoying the tone to go look them up. I do find adding the PEQ ala the tip here does help almost everything.

Tonight was mainly investigative into the new FW. Need to work with it more.

PS - the fiance LOVED the JTM45 with BB Pre setting I quickly dialed up. It almost does (maybe it does do) a better Plexi than the Plexis. Got to love it when the fiance approves of a major purchase (AXE-FX Ultra) after hearing it. Might have to start a thread about non-musician impressions on this black box.

TBurst Std said:
gittarzann said:
[quote="TBurst Std":3nmax5ax] but I was easily pulling up nice tones ala Neil Young.

Share ? :p

That sound is guitar/pickup specific. I was playing Fralin SCs in a canary necked alder Strat. Amp was the new tweed. Take master up to 9.73. Drive I think I took to about 2:30 oclock. Take bass down to 9 oclock. Take treble up to 3 oclock. I was in position 2 and tuned prescence to taste (a minor change). Adjust amp level to not clip. Cab was a 4x10 with the 121 mike. Use the guitar's vol knob to control gain level realized.

.[/quote:3nmax5ax]
Do you mean the new Deluxe Reverb (which replaced the 'Tweed' model) or the tweaked bassman (which is a tweed amp)?

marvinx said:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=59443&content=songinfo&songID=8750083

listen to that and tell me the fender models weren't improved!
Yeah!!!!

Its amazing to me, how many people said, "no the fender models are perfect", and in the release notes of the new firmware increased power amp accuracy is listed there.

Im just glad Cliff decided perfect, wasn't perfect enough. Its that sort of unceasing desire for improvement that gets your product to the top.
~mx~

Holy cow, that sounds awesome. Well done.

I had practice yesterday with 9.01 and my Brownface (I mistakenly said I used the Blackface earlier) sounded much thinner than what I remembered... I had to default amp sim and select the Brownface. It still sounded a bit weak, so I proceeded to crank the master up a bit to around 6.5 and then the amp came back to what I remember! I didn't change anything else other than the master and that sucker was alive!!!!! My distortion patches were a bit thinner but I adjusted then and they didn't sound the same, so I have to play with them a bit.

For ALL the Fender models the Master should be between 9 and 10 if you want authenticity. In general, if the original amp didn't have a master volume then pretty much dime the Master. Of course there are no rules but running a Fender with the Master below 6-7 will sound pretty thin.

mortega76 said:
I had practice yesterday with 9.01 and my Brownface (I mistakenly said I used the Blackface earlier) sounded much thinner than what I remembered... I had to default amp sim and select the Brownface. It still sounded a bit weak, so I proceeded to crank the master up a bit to around 6.5 and then the amp came back to what I remember! I didn't change anything else other than the master and that sucker was alive!!!!! My distortion patches were a bit thinner but I adjusted then and they didn't sound the same, so I have to play with them a bit.

With almost all the oldies I crank them up to 10 on the Master, and then turn down Drive to about 3.5 or so. I love the tones this way from the Fenders, Plexi, TopBoost, Wrecker etc. Full tones and no farting bass notes.

FractalAudio said:
For ALL the Fender models the Master should be between 9 and 10 if you want authenticity. In general, if the original amp didn't have a master volume then pretty much dime the Master. Of course there are no rules but running a Fender with the Master below 6-7 will sound pretty thin.
:shock: Thanks for the hint. Must try.
Micha

yek said:
With almost all the oldies I crank them up to 10 on the Master, and then turn down Drive to about 3.5 or so. I love the tones this way from the Fenders, Plexi, TopBoost, Wrecker etc. Full tones and no farting bass notes.

That's exactly the way you should do it. With the real amp once you hit around 3.5 it's very loud and the amp is close to full power. Fenders were designed to produce full rated power at around 3.5 IIRC.

FractalAudio said:
yek said:

That's exactly the way you should do it. With the real amp once you hit around 3.5 it's very loud and the amp is close to full power. Fenders were designed to produce full rated power at around 3.5 IIRC.

That's good to know. I've been running with the master around 9.5 but wasn't happy with the farting bass. I think I've just been running the drive too high, I've got it in my head that it shouldn't be under 5 if I want a "cranked" amp sound. I really need to start tweaking with my ears instead of eyes like everyone says.

marshall2553 said:
FractalAudio said:
yek said:

That's good to know. I've been running with the master around 9.5 but wasn't happy with the farting bass. I think I've just been running the drive too high, I've got it in my head that it shouldn't be under 5 if I want a "cranked" amp sound. I really need to start tweaking with my ears instead of eyes like everyone says.

ahh... grasshopper- do not tear the rice paper...
yup, gotta let go and follow your ears

Back
Top Bottom