Fender Deluxe - Am I crazy?

marvinx said:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=59443&content=songinfo&songID=8750083

listen to that and tell me the fender models weren't improved!
Yeah!!!!

Its amazing to me, how many people said, "no the fender models are perfect", and in the release notes of the new firmware increased power amp accuracy is listed there.

Im just glad Cliff decided perfect, wasn't perfect enough. Its that sort of unceasing desire for improvement that gets your product to the top.
~mx~

I must say that the tube "pop" is there more and it does sound more chimey than it has before. However, it still doesn't sound 100% as warm/chimey/poppy as a real Fender amp to me...but if it was I'd say that Fender would go out of business.

Can't wait to try it out. Sounds like a good improvement, Cliff.

FractalAudio said:
For ALL the Fender models the Master should be between 9 and 10 if you want authenticity. In general, if the original amp didn't have a master volume then pretty much dime the Master. Of course there are no rules but running a Fender with the Master below 6-7 will sound pretty thin.
Thanks a lot for the info... this is where we as users need to do a bit of homework on what the authentic amp characteristics are... if not we're just noodling around blindly... I'm definitely going to try that for next practice... thanks for the info Cliff!

Hint: If the amp sounds thin, regardless of type, crank the master... And THEN start at noon whith the eq.. It usually sound fatter no matter what :mrgreen:

If it does not help you out.... Try something else.. Hehe

Anyway.. I installed the 9.01 5 hours ago... Not installed in the editor, but it was installed in my axe. I belive that bug will be fixed soon.. Some minor bugs. Cranked the plexi1, both master and drive. Worked fine for about a minute, then the tone died. Sure this will be fixed to. The thing here is that the AXE sounds fantastic. As always, but all Fenders, Trainwreck, Vox, well.... Everything sounds even better. Kind of more "open"... The Twin sounded awsome.. Fat, comes to mind.

Twin with a BB Preamp. OMG!!!! :shock: Electric Gypsy... Trainwreck with a Tube driver(turn down tone to 10-11 and drive).. Wow. In SRV heaven. Plexi2 with BB Preamp( mix 55 - 65%), put a vibe in front.. Hendrix.. Vox sounded... VOX!!

Remember to crank the master, drive to taste... And use the drives. It gives you a different feel and sound. Just like the hardware stuff..

Some minor bugs, but as stated. It´s not important. They will soon be fixed. But the SOUND!!!!!! Oooooo :shock:

Thanks Cliff. This is as big as 9.00..

So, I wonder if any of those who originally requested better Fender models have had a chance to try out the new ones in 9.02? Matt (Zen Guitar) and any of the others (sorry, I lost track with this long thread), any of you had a spin at 9.02? I'm hearing a big difference, but I wouldn't know how to dial in a good Fender tone if my life depended on it (I'm not very good at the tweaking thing). *And* I don't have any Fender amps to do any comparisons with.

I'd be curious to know if 9.02 makes it better (a little, substantially, or a lot) for your attempts in A/B tests?

Dpoirier said:
So, I wonder if any of those who originally requested better Fender models have had a chance to try out the new ones in 9.02? Matt (Zen Guitar) and any of the others (sorry, I lost track with this long thread), any of you had a spin at 9.02? I'm hearing a big difference, but I wouldn't know how to dial in a good Fender tone if my life depended on it (I'm not very good at the tweaking thing). *And* I don't have any Fender amps to do any comparisons with.

I'd be curious to know if 9.02 makes it better (a little, substantially, or a lot) for your attempts in A/B tests?

Re-initialize the amp block. Turn the output level to whatever you set it at (I set it at -5db). Then turn the drive down to 3.5 and the master volume to 10. Play. Get your drive set first; then EQ.

That's it. You are a Fender tweakmaster with version 9.02. Congrats! :D

Back
Top Bottom