Fender Aerodyne Special Stratocaster MIJ

zafreemusic

Inspired
Got this today at a local shop Fender Aerodyne Special Stratocaster in Speed Green Metallic, made in Japan. It was not the guitar I was planning on getting, but I just could not say no... Looks, feels, sounds, plays amazing.

I also learned today I have been trying to make my telecaster sound like a strat for the last 3 years without knowing. 😅

Attachments

• IMG_20230120_213425.jpg
    IMG_20230120_213425.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20230120_171319.jpg
    IMG_20230120_171319.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 73
I had a black standard model with 3 singles. One of my "wish I could have kept it" guitars. Sorta Fender meets Brian Moore vibe.
I went into the shop looking at trying/buying 3 other HSS strat style guitars. I saw this one and figured might as well try it, heard good things about MIJ Fenders... And Wow the dynamics this thing has is just mind boggling.
Sorry to hear you had to let yours go hopefully one day you'll get one again!

Any updates on this guitar? I’m seeing some of these go for $599 used. Honestly planning to sell a couple guitars I don’t use and buy one and keep the rest of the cash. Let me know!

Any updates on this guitar? I’m seeing some of these go for $599 used. Honestly planning to sell a couple guitars I don’t use and buy one and keep the rest of the cash. Let me know!
Wow if you can find it that low, I would grab it!
I paid full price and no regrets it sounds great, plays great. I spent over 2 hours in the guitar shop comparing a couple different strats and this one was the king for me. Best dynamics of the ones I tested. I also love it doesn't have a pickguard, making it not look like strat and the HB in position 1 as I'm not the biggest fan of position 1 on normal strats. The tremolo is amazing very sensitive and never goes out of tune.

Aside from that the only thing to note is position 2 is not noise cancelling i.e the middle+HB bridge, but you do still get the sound you'd expect from that position.

Back
Top Bottom