Feels like I got together with an old girlfriend.

RJSAudio.

Inspired
I bought an Axe II years back when I was still in school, right after it came out. Spent a few months with it and ended up selling it for an Eleven Rack, it was just too complicated for me. 4 years later and I'm a bit wiser (not much), and decided to give it another shot. Just arrived yesterday afternoon and within a couple of hours I had already managed to squeak out some sounds that made me smile a hell of a lot more than when I was tweaking it years ago. Take a listen.

Pretty blown away by how far everything has came at Fractal since I left. Not that I really had any clue what I was doing back then, but it's plainly evident that some major workflow improvements have been made both in the hardware and software. And the sound...I almost cracked up when I rolled back my tone knob - it felt so real!!! That was not there with the 11R. I'm still just flipping through presets and finding my way around all this pleasant new gain-staging, but I'm looking forward to being back in the community, and back with the Axe.

Any advice on where to start with finding the best amp-cab combos? Seems like that's the real secret (one of many), but it's a bit daunting with so many options.

Cheers!

Wow, that sounds great...awesome playing as well.

Did you use a stock preset? If so, which one. What a great sounding tone.

Any advice on where to start with finding the best amp-cab combos? Seems like that's the real secret (one of many), but it's a bit daunting with so many options.

When I first started my journey I basically went 1-200 in the factory presets and started to dig intentionally into the amps/cabs that I found most appealing. What I mean is find the amp/cab combos that are sonically pleasing to you, see how FAS created/came up with the preset, then try to mimic/engineer a preset exactly to the same specs/standards with the amp/cab combo used. Through that journey I found the amps/cabs combo(s) that worked the best for me and can recreate them quickly in Axe-Edit.

Are you familiar with Axe-Edit and the USB connection with the AFX II? If not, get on that first. Using the green screen is essential in conceptualizing how to tweak, but Axe-Edit makes the grid so much easier to manipulate and get what you want out of it. :D

P.S. - your "E" bluesy jammage was awesome mate, keep it up.

Sounds great! The feeling that you get is the exact same thing when I first turned on my axe fx II

I'm sorry to say this Ryan but that recording just sucks............ because it wasn't longer! Sweet tones and playing my friend!

Now you have 2 choices:
1) Send me a 6 pack of Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
2) Record some more jams (make them longer please) and post 'em!

Welcome back!

Back
Top Bottom