• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Feeling the FC-6 love!

grandinq

Experienced
I just got an FC-6 as part of the Black Friday sale. Though it's only been a few days, I can't believe how amazing this thing is. Between the Layout Links and Per-Preset FC features, I can do everything my heart desires!

Originally I thought I'd need an FC-12. While I love the look of all the switches, I went through all the sounds I use and realized that I just wouldn't need them all. I thought, for example, that I'd always have to have a dedicated switch for Tap and another for Tuner. But for the songs I absolutely need Tap for, I just change the Per-Preset FC, and I made Tuner the Hold function of switch 6 in my layout. Sweet!

lwknives

Experienced
I have the FC12 and I’m gonna add 6 external switches because the FC12 doesn’t have enough switches.
I’m also utilizing all layouts and don’t even have a layout for the looper.

TG3K

Power User
I originally wanted the FC-12, but I play on a lot of small stages where space is a premium. I have a pedalboard that will fit the MFC-101 and two expressions pedals. I did not want to go to a larger board when I upgraded to the AFXIII. I had a choice of going with the FC-12 and having just one expression pedal, or the FC-6 and using 3 expression pedals.

I got the FC-6, and like the OP, was blown away with how versatile 6 switches can be. I've now added a pair of external switches, but those were mostly because I had the room on my pedalboard to fit them. I was getting along just fine without them.

Warrior

Power User
I too originally thought I'd be married to a 12 (or even daisy chain) but the 6 is SO powerful and compact it's almost all I use.
Do you use "per preset" a lot, M@?
Curious how your primary preset and FC functionality might look.

JoKeR III

Power User
Yep, the FC-6 has more than met my expectations, the FC in general is a very well thought out product. Per-Preset switches are a huge part of what makes the FC-6 work so well in my case. I use them for specific needs per preset - hence the name -, i.e. Boost, Control Switches, Effect on/off, Scene toggle or select, etc.... Layout Links is the other feature I use a lot that makes the "limited" number of switches work very efficiently. Not once have I thought the FC-12 would be a better option.

Tom Morris

Power User
Ha ha I stick to scene mode exclusively and try to do all my songs in just 3 scenes. Last gig I switched to wrong scene mid song and in a panic selected the right scene 3. Slip of the foot and I put the pedal in MLM and was totally lost. Haven't been in the MLM menu for so long it just completely threw me for a loop. :fearscream::sweat::tearsofjoy::tonguewink:

Akstrat

Inspired
I'm coming from the AX8 world. Can someone post a pict of what the Tuner looks like on a FC-6? Thanks!

Joe Bfstplk

Fractal Fanatic
Well, sort-of. I could photoshop it, but the main screens on the FC12 and FC6 are the same, so here is how it looks on the 12:

My current footswitch arrangement:

The FC12 shows tuner, as it is #1 in my rig:

The FC6 has the same size screen:

The tuner screen on the AxeFX3 itself:

I am likely going to liquidate the 12 in order to get a second 6, as the split arrangement works better for my controller pedal focused arrangement, with them centered and 6 FC buttons on either side....

DougB415

Inspired
My new-to-me FC-6 is due to arrive this afternoon. I’m moving from a Source Audio pedalboard to the AXE-FX III. I use SA’s Soleman MIDI controller and it only has 4 buttons, so now I get 2 more with a lot more functionality all around. Too cool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom