Feel like the "red headed step child?"

It's been said to death, but the AX8 isn't going to be an FX8 with amp modeling. The FX8 has capabilities the AX8 won't have, and vice-versa. Not trying to start anything contentious with anyone... I don't have an FX8 or an AX8 at this moment. I play an XL+ and didn't buy the FX8 because I need the amp and cab modeling too. Accordingly, I am on the list for the AX8.

That said, I am also looking forward to the next FX8 update. It will make that unit more stable and will make the AX8 that much closer to mine!

How are they not the same? They both have the humbuster technology inside. They both have the same GENERAL effects (chorus, drive, delay, reverb, compression, etc). Yet the AX8 has way more with amp sims and cabs. I'm not looking to start anything either but $50 apart for the same general product is a slap in the face to all those that bought the FX8 early. If I had neither and had a choice to make it would be a no brainier, $50 bucks more you get an FX8 plus amps and cabs.

Why not offer the upgrade at a price to FX8 users to get the amps and cabs?

So I'm honestly asking how are they really that much different?

So I'm honestly asking how are they really that much different?

This has been discussed multiple times on the forums. The FX8 includes expensive op amps and analog circuitry that makes it way more transparent in 4cm with a tube amp. This also makes it capable of unity gain (which is a gift from the heavens.) Other members have stated that they have heard the difference between using the FX8 in 4cm versus using the Axe II. The humbuster technology only does so much, the specialized op amps and circuitry in the FX8 for clear transparent signal are the main event. The AX8, like the Axe FX, is focused on going into PA and is not analog optimized for 4cm, in contrast... And neither is any competitors effects modelling device.

The FX8 has premium quality I/O connectors and components optimized for use with the 4 cable method. Lower noise floor and better transparency for that type of use. Components like that add to the cost. They aren't the same components, only with added amp modeling for the AX8. Not to say the AX8 won't work in that context, but Fractal didn't go the extra mile with higher end components in this area.

Besides, if I still wanted amp modeling I would have kept my Axe-FX II XL. Quite happy with my FX8 and 5150 III now.

4 AXII updates & a reverb............I am starting to. It's more than obvious Fx8 is not a priority

JD

4 AXII updates & a reverb............I am starting to. It's more than obvious Fx8 is not a priority

JD
It's been stated the AX8 is the current priority. Any work on the Axe helps the AX8, and any work on the AX8 helps the FX8.

It will all be available to us soon.

It's been stated the AX8 is the current priority. Any work on the Axe helps the AX8, and any work on the AX8 helps the FX8.

It will all be available to us soon.

I read that post.
- From all 'appearances' it's the AXII & Reverb taking front row in public, I am cool with that as it's the flagship that will keep the FX8 in tow.

Make no mistake, I love my FX8, just feeling a little left out of the party.

JD -'

- it is just now is hitting EU so in time FX8 users will grow.

I read that post.
- From all 'appearances' it's the AXII & Reverb taking front row in public, I am cool with that as it's the flagship that will keep the FX8 in tow.

Make no mistake, I love my FX8, just feeling a little left out of the party.

JD -'

- it is just now is hitting EU so in time FX8 users will grow.

I left the FX8 to go back to the Axe Fx II....had a firmware been released to shore up, what I deemed necessary to make it function how I thought it would from the get go, I would have possibly stayed with it. Main issue...wanted 4 IA and 4 presets at a glance. Last update was 5 months ago. I know they are working on things, but seems not their style to have such a huge gap in updates....especially for something that has a lot of things people want done, in the "standard realm".

Looks like they bit off more than they could chew, but once the AX8 is released I bet things get back to business as usual.

Back
Top Bottom