Feeding FOH and Amp+Cab When Using 4CM

LostInSpace

Inspired
Currently, I'm running a typical 4CM configuration. For larger rooms, we mic the guitar cabs and also run through FOH. To eliminate the hassle of having to mic the cab each time, I'm thinking of capturing the IR of my amp's power section and cab, and then using that as a cab sim to run a feed direct to FOH.

I still want a signal without cab sims to run to my amp. I'm already using the FX Loop block to put my amp's preamp on the grid, so I can't use that block to do it like the manual shows. I was thinking I would place a Cab block last in the chain, and run it in stereo with my custom IR on the left and no cab sim on the right, and then run XLR Out1 L to FOH and run 1/4" Out1 R to my amp. I run a mono setup anyway. Does this sound like it will work? Is there a better way?

If you use a stereo cab you'll need use a unity IR for the other side; I don't think there is any output with no cab sim at all.

You could split off to two rows, one with the cab and one without, and pan the rows L&R in a mixer too (row mixer or output mixer). I've done this with my Ultra as I have tube amps in my FX Loop and run mono live.

Currently, I'm running a typical 4CM configuration. For larger rooms, we mic the guitar cabs and also run through FOH. To eliminate the hassle of having to mic the cab each time, I'm thinking of capturing the IR of my amp's power section and cab, and then using that as a cab sim to run a feed direct to FOH.

I still want a signal without cab sims to run to my amp. I'm already using the FX Loop block to put my amp's preamp on the grid, so I can't use that block to do it like the manual shows. I was thinking I would place a Cab block last in the chain, and run it in stereo with my custom IR on the left and no cab sim on the right, and then run XLR Out1 L to FOH and run 1/4" Out1 R to my amp. I run a mono setup anyway. Does this sound like it will work? Is there a better way?

Back
Top Bottom