Feedbacker effect available?

It might help to find out how the original sound was produced.

My quick and dirty solutions would be:

1. Reverb Hold (infinite reverb sustain that can be activated with a pedal or switch)

2. A mono tape delay block feeding a wet reverb, and use Delay Hold (safe) or delay feedback on an expression pedal (potentially unstable at >100% feedback).

#2 will produce a "looped" sustain (and probably closest to the original), whereas #1 is a smoother bloom without a looped feel.

That's the thing-I have no idea how it was produced. All I can think of is a feedback looper with a delay since it has that cycled volume build up. It's def not a reverb/delay hold (like the EHX Freeze) because the notes decay naturally, only to be brought up with the effect. Unlike the Freeze, that only holds the volume/state of the signal being fed through upon activation.

That's the thing-I have no idea how it was produced. All I can think of is a feedback looper with a delay since it has that cycled volume build up. It's def not a reverb/delay hold (like the EHX Freeze) because the notes decay naturally, only to be brought up with the effect. Unlike the Freeze, that only holds the volume/state of the signal being fed through upon activation.

Try cranking the delay feedback - that definitely has a ramp up.

Back
Top Bottom