Feedback Simulator

I was playing with this patch the other day - it worked well on 7.1.

Some things to try :

- add a second voice in the pitch block at +7
- use an inverse expression pedal control to fade it in as the +19 fades out
- put an ADSR on the level of the pitch block to make the feedback bloom slowly

O.K., I had a go at this this morning using Fractalz idea above and substituting one of the ‘new’ Optical Compressors too ….

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5332

The Compressor settings are kind what Burgs used in his CAE3+ preset from the other day, I just maxed out the compression value to increase sustain and then added some look-ahead just cause I thought it might help ( ? ) …. Anyway, if you can come up with better settings, please share !

Next, in the Pitch Block here’s what I did ….

The ‘X’ side starts w/ +19 that fades in ( and out ) as the pedal travels from min to max. Then I added +24 that fades in late …. So, the feedback kinda morphs from the harmonic to the high octave …. It sounds cool on the lower notes.

Then the ‘Y’ side does the same thing, except the values are +7 ( to start ) and +12 ( at the end ) …, that one seems too work better for me above the 12th fret ( or so ) ….

Give it a try and let me know what your suggestions are for improvements !

Original “PROPS” especially to simeon and Mark Day for their original work on this, and to Fractalz for suggesting the morphing of the feedback notes !

I was playing with this patch the other day - it worked well on 7.1.

Some things to try :

- add a second voice in the pitch block at +7
- use an inverse expression pedal control to fade it in as the +19 fades out
- put an ADSR on the level of the pitch block to make the feedback bloom slowly
Hello factalz
you can put images of what you want to modify ;)
interesting that the lock works on Q7.1 :D

Hello factalz
you can put images of what you want to modify ;)
interesting that the lock works on Q7.1 :D

Here's a modified version of the preset. It could probably use some tweaking...

Attachments

• Feedback Simulator v9-fractalz_20170319_123840.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 156
Just wondering, could someone post a couple of screenshots for this? I have an Ultra and would love to try to make a similar preset for the vintage Axefx.

Just wondering, could someone post a couple of screenshots for this? I have an Ultra and would love to try to make a similar preset for the vintage Axefx.

Here you go.....

(if you found this useful ... please consider donating something to AlGrenadine for his wonderful Fractool )

Attachments

• Feedback Simulator.pdf
    70.2 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: MSP
Does anyone have a version of this that works with the AX8? I've tried downloading all the various versions in this thread and tried following along with the PDF, but the settings don't 100% match between the PDF and AX8, so after tweaking the sounds weren't super, but I still have a ton of settings to go through.

Just wanted to see if anyone had a version that worked with the AX8.

Note: I'm on the latest release candidate build and when I tried to load the downloaded files I got an error saying they weren't compatible.

I'm noodling around with an AX8 patch for this. Will try to get something uploaded over the Christmas holidays.

I've not used one, but I really like the Digitech Freqout's method of using a momentary switch, so I've been using one of the Control Switches on the AX8 with the modifer's damping set to 1000ms so the pitch effect swells in when the footswitch is pressed. The downside of this is that the same damping applies to how the switch turns off, so it's a slow roll off as well. To have damping for both 'in' and 'out' would be pretty cool :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom