feedback issue

downloaded the updated presets for version 8.02 and took my ax-8 out to a bandmates house and ran it direct to the PA. I got a lot of feedback with the patches. when i went to the user patches and the patches I created, I didnt get barely any feedback. What am I doing wrong? same settings as my home use.... direct to presonus erie 8's.

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Eq and cuts can greatly effect high end feed back through full range speakers. I would take a look at cab cuts and eq settings, amp cuts and gain between your scratch presets and the factory presets. extreme volume can worsen these effects.

I would have thought that the created patches would suffer from this more so than the factory presets. but it was the factory presets that were the culprit.... was hoping that there would be much less tweaking with the factory stuff....

I would have thought that the created patches would suffer from this more so than the factory presets. but it was the factory presets that were the culprit.... was hoping that there would be much less tweaking with the factory stuff....
no one's gear is the same. the Factory Presets don't feedback for me and many others. it makes sense that the presets you made sound best.

factory presets are just a starting point. you need to adjust them to your gear.

this is a common misconception - the factory presets are basically showcases for the various effects and amp models. you'll need to dial them to work with your rig -- especially if you change speakers.

Back
Top Bottom