Feedback Fuzz Delay

DonPetersen

Fractal Fanatic
you probably shouldn't listen to this :evil

feedbackfuzzdelay.jpg

upper amp/cab is Tube Pre 1x6 Oval + R121
lower (main) amp/cab is Double Verb 1x12 Black + U87

Hey Don,
Great patch ! Even if you keep it for yourself, would you mind explaining how it works ? What are the destination of the LFO's ?
Thanks !!

the basic layout is DRV-AMP-CAB (who would've thought?), with the DRV also feeding a feedback send.
the feedback return goes into a very short 100% wet delay, and that goes back into the DRV. That's where the feedback noise comes from.
the delay time is modified very slightly by a slow random LFO with lots of damping, and this LFO's speed is modulated by LFO2, a slow sine wave.

I left out a few blocks (compression) that help, but they are not crucial to the concept.
Be careful with this though, it can turn into a howling banshee very easily, listen at low(er) levels while experimenting. Make sure you're always in reach of that output knob ;)

patch is here
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/share-request-patches/38676-feedback-fuzz-delay.html#post527897

Last edited:
Hey Don,
Great patch ! Even if you keep it for yourself, would you mind explaining how it works ? What are the destination of the LFO's ?
Thanks !!

Hey Don,
Thanks !!

the basic layout is DRV-AMP-CAB (who would've thought?), with the DRV also feeding a feedback send.
the feedback return goes into a very short 100% wet delay, and that goes back into the DRV. That's where the feedback noise comes from.
the delay time is modified very slighthy by a slow random LFO with lots of damping, and this LFO's speed is modulated by LFO2, a slow sine wave.

I left out a few blocks (compression) that help, but they are not crucial to the concept.
Be careful with this though, it can turn into a howling banshee very easily, listen at low(er) levels while experimenting. Make sure you're always in reach of that output knob ;)

edited - moved double into original post

Last edited:
Awesome! This behaves sort of the way the Paul Trombetta Tornita behaves, which is great, because I was thinking that was one pedal that could never be replicated. And even if this doesn't sound like that exactly, it behaves similarly, and that's all I really needed. Thanks for sharing!

I actually have a "Don Petersen" folder on my desktop to house all of your crazy effects settings and presets. I spent some time working through them last night and you've come up with some really cool and useful stuff.

I must listen to this clip later when I have a few minutes...

D

Last edited:
I actually have a "Don Peterson" folder on my desktop to house all of your crazy effects settings and presets.

You too, ey!

Pssttt, spell his name correct or he will send a hurd of angry fuzzes your way.

Or invite him and ms. Fuzz to your party.
You will be throwing a party when you've reached your 1000th post, won't you?

Back
Top Bottom