Fedit MFC-101 editor available!

I just bought it and I am looking forward to using this. I wasn't really aware of all the functionality in the MFC until I started looking through this editor. Great idea and well worth the money.

However, I am a midi novice and ran into an issue. I used Midi-Ox to backup the MFC (2.1.6) and there were no errors in the process. The file size is in the ballpark but the file will not load into Fedit (1.3). I am getting the error "Invallid or corrupt dump file". Could this be due to my settings? Is there an issue with the backup that doesn't generate an error?
I followed the procedure in the Fedit manual and checked what was in the MFC manual for help but nothing covers this.

It's detecting the file size is incorrect and that something happened during the transfer. If all is good the file size should be 140897. Try changing the Delay after F7 to a longer value (say 150 rather than 120).

Every once in a blue moon if a haven't rebooted my machine in awhile I've had to change the the low level input buffers to 256/8 or 128/16.

Every dump you pull should be the same file size so if you see that every dump changes size that is a good indicator that a few bytes are being lost in transfer. If everything looks right and you are getting the same file size every dump pm me and I'll have you email your dump file so I can take a glance at it.

Hi. Are there any tutorials video? THX Have you any your presets or songs? :)

No video tutorials outside the user guide... will see what I can do, not sure comfortable on camera but would be helpful and will give a shot good bad or ugly.

My current group is a cover band, we record here straight to a tascam here and there during practice just to see where problem areas are as we learn new songs... Pardon all the mistakes and quality, never intended to be available outside our ears but were all friends here.

RebelYell
Trouble
SomebodyToLove
CallMe
JustAGirl

I have not had a chance to v10 my patches yet keep finding new killer tones and get distracted. These would all be from fw6-8 and in these really based on stock presets. Once have a chance to fine tune will upload the non standard ones:
Rebel Yell patch for 3:05-3:50
Just A Girl clean patch (think it is just the EJ clean preset with chorus and flanger added)
Call me 2:12-2:42 (farfenugen with a few additional blocks)

Rest of the sounds are slightly modified patches... Recto lead, ubber chugs, stereo tape delay, but nothing special.

Take care

Great updates and progress... Hitting the purchase button. Hoping for support for midi offset later on in order not to confuse my useless brain too much ;)

Many thanks! Offsets still on the agenda, have the basic framework in place but still a good effort left on that piece but will get there!

It's detecting the file size is incorrect and that something happened during the transfer. If all is good the file size should be 140897. Try changing the Delay after F7 to a longer value (say 150 rather than 120).

Thanks for the quick reply, this looks like it is the issue. I tried your suggested settings and unfortunately that didn't solve it yet. The file size of all my attempts is both not the right size and different where anywhere from 10-300 bytes are missing during transfer. I am using an Uno for the midi connection and have read it can be problematic with midi-ox. I will look for a better solution, please let me know if anyone can suggest a replacement.

I don't have experience with that one, try a painfully slow setting like 200ms or higher. Don't have one to recommend that I like more that others but I have been using either an emu xmidi 2x2 or alesis USB->Midi. The xmidi is faster but my USB port on it is very loose so if I even look at it it seems the cable falls out and it powers off. The alesis is very convenient but have to transfer slower to get consistent results.

I am getting the error "Invallid or corrupt dump file". Could this be due to my settings? Is there an issue with the backup that doesn't generate an error?

This issue was solved with buying a Roland un-one. It worked right off and so did Fedit. Great program and thanks for your help.

I apologize up front for my lack of understanding but what can this program do for me that is outside of the scope of the two way communication going on between the Axe and the MFC101?

Yes, I could calibrate my pedals, or setup different IA switches but what is the big time saver? Or is there something that I'm just missing because I haven't had my Wheaties this morning?

I apologize up front for my lack of understanding but what can this program do for me that is outside of the scope of the two way communication going on between the Axe and the MFC101?

Yes, I could calibrate my pedals, or setup different IA switches but what is the big time saver? Or is there something that I'm just missing because I haven't had my Wheaties this morning?
If you are doing anything that involves multiple foot switch presses e.g. assigning presets to songs, assigning songs to sets, or rearranging preset order on the MFC, this program will save you a lot of time and frustration. You can see everything you are doing at once ( just like Axe Edit lets you see many parameters "at once" ) and you can type in values instead of foot pressing them in one at a time. I would imagine that if you are not operating in Axe-Mode and are using the MFC as a generic midi foot controller controlling multiple instruments, this program will be even more valueable to you.

Great progam! I've been using it to set program change messages on channels 2-16 to OFF for all presets so that other devices are not changing with the Axe. For some reason though, my latest file doesn't seem to upload into the MFC though. It looks like it is sending but the MFC never gets past "Loading PResets I" and nothing updates.

Any idea what could be causing that?

Thanks

MM

I've sent over a PM to have you send a copy of the dump file and will take a glance at it. Thanks!

Hate posting about a bug but many thanks to WITELITE for helping discover today so can get it resolved. It appears I munged a portion of the drag/drop and copy functionality in the current release and it is advised you avoid dragging/dropping values or copying (holding CTRL while drag/dropping) on the preset, song, and set screens. If you use this functionality loading the new dump back to MFC may hang during load with the MFC saying Loading Presets I, Songs, or Sets. Will begin working on it tomorrow so should have a fix in a few days give or take depending on what I did to break it.

Thanks,
Jason

Hate posting about a bug but many thanks to WITELITE for helping discover today so can get it resolved. It appears I munged a portion of the drag/drop and copy functionality in the current release and it is advised you avoid dragging/dropping values or copying (holding CTRL while drag/dropping) on the preset, song, and set screens. If you use this functionality loading the new dump back to MFC may hang during load with the MFC saying Loading Presets I, Songs, or Sets. Will begin working on it tomorrow so should have a fix in a few days give or take depending on what I did to break it.

Thanks,
Jason

Thanks Jason. I will try it tonight. And for those of you still looking as to whether to purchase, not often that your software developer, not only identifies the bug, but also fixes your file - and in less than 24 hours. Well done and money well spent!

MM

Back
Top Bottom