FedEx and the Great Resignation

My son worked for them. Low wages, bad management down to the lowest levels, poor working conditions, you name it.

Stockholders don't do the work. The workers do, and should be taken care of before the leech class skims profit off the top....
Absolutely. I'm not interested in what any corporation has to say about "labor shortages". No company is entitled to having employees. If your company can't figure out how to keep them, well that's your problem.

Last edited:
FedEx continues to fail at their primary function.

My packages were finally marked as available for pickup at the destination (a FedEx location) on Sunday evening (6 days and 13 hours after they were scanned as on vehicle for delivery). I went to the pickup location yesterday at 4 pm and no one was at the desk. Their stated business hours for this location are 9 am to 8 pm. After waiting around for approximately 15 minutes I called the location's phone number and was able to get someone to come to the pickup desk.

The gentleman I spoke with was unable to find any packages addressed to me. I described the general size, weight, the fact that there would have been two identical boxes, and that they had arrived the previous evening according to the tracking information. He proceeded to tell me that he recalled scanning two packages matching that description last night but he did not see them anywhere now. He suggested that the driver had likely mistaken them for outgoing packages and had taken them. 🤦‍♂️ I don't know why anyone would hire / subcontract to a driver with this level of incompetence.

I called FedEx customer service to initiate a package trace request. An hour later another FedEx representative called me back and let me know that they were able to confirm that the pickup site did not have the packages despite the tracking information indicating otherwise. Their distribution didn't have the packages either. They suspect that their driver had the packages but they had not been able to reach them to confirm. They informed me that they will have the driver call me directly to arrange delivery as soon as they are able to reach them.

I have not been contacted by the driver yet. This is absurd. Supposedly the FedEx customer service representative is going to follow up with me on Wednesday to check on the status. Recent experience suggests that I'm still going to be empty handed at that time.

04-14-2022 Update:

FedEx never called me back even though I was explicitly told that they would call me yesterday. The packages showed up in the tracking system again and were marked as expected delivery by the end of day Tuesday. No delivery. They were then updated to be delivery by end of day Wednesday. They finally delivered to the drop of site on Wednesday but one of the packages was never marked as delivered because the label was no longer scannable due to rough handling.

While I did eventually get my packages (9 days after they were initially marked as out for delivery), the constant misrepresentations of expected delivery timelines, lies from their customer service representatives, and incompetence of their local delivery driver leave a pretty bad taste in my mouth. I'm going to avoid purchasing from companies who use FedEx because I don't want to deal with this nonsense again.

04-21-2022 Update:

The FedEx tracking department called me yesterday and gave me the same nonsense about high volumes of packages being the reason that my packages had not yet been delivered. The rep was speaking rapidly and it wasn't until a few minutes into the call that I found space to inform them that I had already received my packages last week. Lol! I guess they never updated the delivery status of the one that didn't scan. What an embarrassment.

Last edited:
Received an email from UPS last night to expect delivery of a shipment today requiring an adult signature. Checked with the shipper who said it will not be shipped until tomorrow.

All carriers are totally messed up now, and trying blame anyone else for the woes they brought upon themselves.

Back
Top Bottom