Wish feature request - virtual pedalboard

simeon

Axe-Master
would it be possible to create a page in axe edit to mirror whatever FC foot controller you normally use (with any attached pedals), so that the user could control their axe fx without having to plug the foot controller in?

sometimes i have a little window between gigs where i need to tweak a couple of patches and it would be great if i didn't have to set up my footswitch. if i could control the axe from axe edit (turning CS switches on or off, change patches, adjust external controllers etc) it would be really handy. you could have axe edit pull the data off the axe and also have some configurable knobs and buttons to assign to external controllers etc. sort of like the performance screens for the axe itself, but for attached pedals, switches and externals.

i was originally looking to connect my little korg midi controller and funnelling that data to the axe, but then i realised that the CS switches have no corresponding midi cc numbers (to my knowledge)...which also ruled out a standalone controller app on the mac. i then thought of fracpad, but that's another device to turn on and connect up. if i have axe edit already open and connected, it seems like the the most elegant way to do it

Good suggestion. Just a visual image of expression pedals and switches with controllable values. You can count me in.

+1 this would be useful also for helping others setup their rig. For example, I don't have both an FC-12 and FC-6, but if you could mimic that setup in Axe-Edit, I could work on someone else's right that is setup that way without having all of the gear on hand.

This overlaps somewhat with your wish: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/virtual-fc-channel.152326/

While viewing this proposed control page in Axe-Edit, it would be nice if the keyboard could act like four FC-12s regardless of what's actually connected:

OVEqLtK.png

it's been 2 years, so i'm gonna nudge this again. if the CS switches had associated midi values, then i could make something in lemur, but if i have axe edit open already, then surely it wouldn't be too hard....?

If anything, I'd think this would be an Axe-Edit feature, but there are many other projects and priorities I can't see it coming to pass any time soon.

+1 because...
I don't have or need an FC12 because I used MIDI automation (sync'ed against backing tracks) for all preset & parameter changes when gigging.
However, I sometimes want to experiment (at home) with presets designed by others (commercial and otherwise) that make use of the FCxx pedals to control various parameters. With no FCxx pedal, it's tedious to hunt down parameters in Axe Edit assigned to pedal CS and change them manually.
If instead Axe Edit would allow the emulation of an FCxx pedal, then I could use a mouse (or touchscreen) to much more conveniently change parameters as intended by the preset designer.

Back
Top Bottom