Feature Request: no mouse wheel scroll choice

DrNick

Inspired
The Axe-Edit (3.1.4) preferences allow you to change the orientation of the wheel scroll. I'd like the option to simply turn off wheel scroll.

My motivation is that I have a wireless apple magic mouse (no physical wheel, just a touch sensitive top), and it has a nasty habit of making minor changes to dials I happen to be hovering over. It's driven me nuts enough since I started using this mouse (as opposed to the trackpad on my laptop) that I'd prefer to have to click and scroll to change values.

-Nick

+1 -- another Magic Mouse user who wouldn't mind having no mouse control over parameters because of inertia and accidental scrolls.

Hey guys, one way you can solve this right now is to get MagicPrefs (free) and configure scrolling to be disabled for the Magic Mouse just when using Axe Edit. I do this same thing for VLC to prevent adjusting the volume by accidentally scrolling with any number of fingers across the surface of the mouse.

You will basically need to uncheck all the scrolling checkboxes under Configure Scrolling. You can save this as a preset, and then in the dropdown menu that looks like a gear next to the preset name, you can select "Bind specific applications to this preset". Then you bind it to Axe Edit. What this does is when you switch focus to Axe Edit your preset takes effect to disable scrolling, and when you switch away from Axe Edit it goes back to default with scrolling enabled (or whatever else you have configured it to do).

Hey guys, one way you can solve this right now is to get MagicPrefs (free) and configure scrolling to be disabled for the Magic Mouse just when using Axe Edit. I do this same thing for VLC to prevent adjusting the volume by accidentally scrolling with any number of fingers across the surface of the mouse.

You will basically need to uncheck all the scrolling checkboxes under Configure Scrolling. You can save this as a preset, and then in the dropdown menu that looks like a gear next to the preset name, you can select "Bind specific applications to this preset". Then you bind it to Axe Edit. What this does is when you switch focus to Axe Edit your preset takes effect to disable scrolling, and when you switch away from Axe Edit it goes back to default with scrolling enabled (or whatever else you have configured it to do).

Thank you. This has been driving me mental. I wasn’t sure exactly what it was that I did but it was definitely the scroll thing that caused this issue.

It would be really good if this was possible to disable in Axe Edit, and I’d argue that the default should be to disable this. I can’t think of any other app where dials are changed with the scroll like that. And using MagicPrefs is definitely a workaround that works around this issue. Great find!

Bump. This has been driving me INSANE for a while. Finally came here to request this feature... I will load the external utility but to be honest I do not want to have to run little background processes on my box for specific tools. AE is the only tool I would disable the scroll for... I love this mouse in virtually every other application but AE is completely flaky due to the hyper sensitivity to the 'mouse wheel' type functionality.

Bump. This has been driving me INSANE for a while. Finally came here to request this feature... I will load the external utility but to be honest I do not want to have to run little background processes on my box for specific tools. AE is the only tool I would disable the scroll for... I love this mouse in virtually every other application but AE is completely flaky due to the hyper sensitivity to the 'mouse wheel' type functionality.

Hi

I just had to replace my old iMac (w/the old wired Mighty Mouse) and the new iMac I bought (loyal to the brand I guess) came with the new Magic Mouse 2.
I just started doing some stuff in AxeEdit and after modifying and saving over 50 Presets I just noticed all the unintentional scrolling whenever my finger happens to rest on the top of the mouse, which is like always.
Now I have to go back and review each Preset to make sure I haven't borked something unintentionally.
Needless to say this is a DRAG.

I have MagicPrefs and I think I know how to use it to turn off scrolling completely.
But it's ONLY using AxeEdit, so far, that requires me to do that.
A pref inside AxeEdit to turn scrolling OFF would be a much better solution.

I see that people have been asking for this for several years now.
Can we please get a simple y/n answer from the Fractal developers if this will ever be implemented?

Needless to say this is a DRAG.

I have MagicPrefs and I think I know how to use it to turn off scrolling completely.
But it's ONLY using AxeEdit, so far, that requires me to do that.
A pref inside AxeEdit to turn scrolling OFF would be a much better solution.
Yes, and when you turn it off on MagicPrefs you can no longer use it to scroll in file selection boxes and the like. My presets and cab IR lists are way longer than one page and using down arrow is hyper tedious. Is there any way this could at least get bumped to someone at FAS? Is there someone we could '@' on the board?

Yes, and when you turn it off on MagicPrefs you can no longer use it to scroll in file selection boxes and the like. My presets and cab IR lists are way longer than one page and using down arrow is hyper tedious. Is there any way this could at least get bumped to someone at FAS? Is there someone we could '@' on the board?

I actually set up MagicPrefs for 2 finger scrolling now which makes it easier to use across all apps.
So I might just keep it that way.
Apple should probably make 2-finger scrolling the norm with the Magic Mouse. It works so much better.

Still might be nice to have an AxeEdit preference that allows us to defeat scrolling in that app.

Back
Top Bottom