Feature Request - Controlling two units from Axe Edit

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
G'day,

Firstly, let me say I'm new to this and there may be an elegant way already - please point me in that direction if so.

The Scenario -
2 AXE FX II units in a studio, connected via USB to one computer.

The Issue -
We need to control each AXE FX unit as desired so need an elegant way of switching between unit one & two.

Current State -
It's working, but not really usable. The workflow goes something like (copy & paste here)

1 - I want to change the preset on unit number two.. Oh... I have Axe Edit connected to unit one at the moment...
2 - Go to Settings->Preferences in Axe Edit...select General.... Change the in and out ports to unit two....
3 - Press the refresh button while there, to display the midi channel...
4 - Select the Workspace Category
5 - Click Browse on Snapshots, and select the directory for unit two
6 - Click Browse on Blocks & select teh directory for unit two
7 - Click Browse on Presets & select the directory for unit two
8 - Close that window and select a preset to ensure it works...

Now.. what was I doing again?

If that's the way to do it - I request a new feature that allows pre-configuring, and subsequent selecting a number of Axe FX units connected to the one computer.

OR

Allow two instances of Axe Edit to run, each addressing a different unit.

Thanks for listening

Pauly

like i said in your other post, use two instances of axe edit. you can install them on different drives

Hi Again Simeon,

Running the install a second time tells me 'This will uninstall Axe Edit' - so I dont do that.

Copying the existing Axe Edit directories to another location and attempting to run that while the first is running pops an error message that only one instance of Axe Edit can be run at a time.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Pauly

like i said in your other post, use two instances of axe edit. you can install them on different drives

+1

I just received my backup unit and saw this thread.

It would be nice to be able to switch between them in a clean way when connected to the same computer (MacOs in my case).

First world problems for sure, but doesn't hurt to ask, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Fractalz
Yep first world, but I hope the price of admission gives us some voice ;-)

With any luck, the guns at fractal have seen these posts and are already on it.

Thanks
Pauly

Back
Top Bottom