Feature Request: Break The Manager Windows Out Of "Jail"

USMC_Trev

Axe-Master
It appears that the Presets, Axe-Manage Presets, Axe-Manage Cabs, etc. are confined to the area inside the Axe-Edit Window, and their size scales to that fixed area. Can you guys separate these UI windows from the present boundaries, such that we might be able to grab a corner and size them however we want? This would be very helpful in moving things around. For instance, I have a 1920x1080 monitor on a Mac and with Axe-Edit as fullscreen as I can make it, I just had to sort of blind drag and drop the SOLO 100 preset to spot two to swap them by tricking up the horizontal slider. I made it work. I understand why the main Axe-Edit window isn't more freely sizable and that the LxW ratio has to be maintained or things would get wildly jacked up, but I think that the various list UI windows don't need to have the same constraints.

Thanks for everything you do FAS!

Last edited:
It appears that the Presets, Axe-Manage Presets, Axe-Manage Cabs, etc. are confined to the area inside the Axe-Edit Window, and their size scales to that fixed area. Can you guys separate these UI windows from the present boundaries, such that we might be able to grab a corner and size them however we want? This would be very helpful in moving things around. For instance, I have a 1920x1080 monitor on a Mac and with Axe-Edit as fullscreen as I can make it, I just had to sort of blind drag and drop the SOLO 100 preset to spot two to swap them by tricking up the horizontal slider. I made it work. I understand why the main Axe-Edit window isn't more freely sizable and that the LxW ratio has to be maintained or things would get wildly jacked up, but I think that the various list UI windows don't need to have the same constraints.

Thanks for everything you do FAS!

+1
Mac user here as well…would be very useful indeed.

FYI, the managers/preference dialogs aren't *real* windows... presumably graphics overlaid on the AE application window, painted to look like a separate window. OTOH, Help/About is real... and moveable.

FYI, the managers/preference dialogs aren't *real* windows... presumably graphics overlaid on the AE application window, painted to look like a separate window. OTOH, Help/About is real... and moveable.
I'm fully aware of what's going on in the software and understand the complexity of what I'm asking for.

+10. I was just thinking about this today using AE. It would be great if you could move it out and still have it pinned AND be able to adjust preset blocks while it stays open.

That ability to run Manager windows outside of the Editor is the only thing I miss from the old Axe-Edit.

I'll +1 this but with the addendum that I know how freakin' hard it would be to do it in a cross-platform way that didn't suck and wasn't buggy.

I would love this feature. I love to sit in front of my computer and see all of the presets but also love to tweak without closing a window.

I'll +1 this but with the addendum that I know how freakin' hard it would be to do it in a cross-platform way that didn't suck and wasn't buggy.

Window management is a basic feature of pretty much every modern OS. Whatever cross platform framework is used for the Axe-Edit surely supports just creating windows and showing stuff in them. I mean nearly all of the lists are very simple stuff handled by a single component.

Window management is a basic feature of pretty much every modern OS. Whatever cross platform framework is used for the Axe-Edit surely supports just creating windows and showing stuff in them. I mean nearly all of the lists are very simple stuff handled by a single component.
It's Juce-based.

Back
Top Bottom