FCs for multiple band members

BrownNote71

Inspired
Has it been announced whether we can run two FCs each configured for a different set of functions?

Scenario: lead and rhythm guitars both running through the Axe3 in separate paths but sharing patches, with an FC6 for the lead guitarist and an FC6 for the rhythm guitarist, but each being configured for the effects on their path of the active patch?

Apologies if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it in the existing FC threads.

It hasn't been announced, but think about it...how many guitarists would buy two FCs and configure them both the same way? ;)
I'm curious how much mileage Fractal is interested in getting out of the multiple instrument scenario. I hope it's taken seriously, as a band could buy three Helix LTs for the cost of one Axe3.

Has it been announced whether we can run two FCs each configured for a different set of functions?

Scenario: lead and rhythm guitars both running through the Axe3 in separate paths but sharing patches, with an FC6 for the lead guitarist and an FC6 for the rhythm guitarist, but each being configured for the effects on their path of the active patch?

Apologies if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it in the existing FC threads.
I suspect that could be done since the FCs can be daisy chained.

I'm curious how much mileage Fractal is interested in getting out of the multiple instrument scenario. I hope it's taken seriously, as a band could buy three Helix LTs for the cost of one Axe3.
FA should take this seriously. Could you imagine if they made a floor-based processor for ~$1k?

Actually, a lot of touring guitarists that also have a tech making program changes.
Exactly. Guitarists touring at that level comprise less than 1% of the total market. An important segment, to be sure. But the other 99% would be buying a second FC to add function, not to duplicate it.

I made a wish thread early on for scene sets X and Y. If blocks defaulted to being controlled by scene set X, but could be set to ignore scene X changes and instead respond to a scene y commands, problem solved.

Exactly. Guitarists touring at that level comprise less than 1% of the total market. An important segment, to be sure. But the other 99% would be buying a second FC to add function, not to duplicate it.

And that is why the FC's are capable of doing both.

It hasn't been announced, but think about it...how many guitarists would buy two FCs and configure them both the same way? ;)

I was thinking along a different line of questioning like: how many guitarists are going to share a III? Does anyone really do this?

I can see the advantage of being able to do it if a band mate had a rig problem etc, but practically it seems like a lot of hassle trying to manage two rigs from one box, kind of like one of those 3 legged races where they tie two people together....

I’ve seen ax8’s going for like $900 or so. I think I’d rather have two guys both get an Ax8 and have their own controls etc, then trying to share one rig

IT does seem possible with dual inputs and multiple outs etc.....but man its just seems like a lot...like the old days when two players used one fender twin....blek

I can see the advantage of being able to do it if a band mate had a rig problem etc, but practically it seems like a lot of hassle trying to manage two rigs from one box, kind of like one of those 3 legged races where they tie two people together....

I’ve seen ax8’s going for like $900 or so. I think I’d rather have two guys both get an Ax8 and have their own controls etc, then trying to share one rig

In my band, I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford Fractal gear, but unfortuantely the other guitar player is not in a position to buy higher end gear. His gear doesn't sound as good as I would like, so I used my Axe FX II XL+ for both guitarists, controlled with my MFC-101. I used 5 scenes: Both Clean, One Clean/One Dirty, the Other Clean/Other Dirty, Both Dirty, and Dirty Rhythm/Solo Boost.

Since I am the lead guitarist and lead vocalist, it got to be quite annoying controlling both guitars while playing and singing, but it was doable. I eventually got an AX8, which the other guitarist now uses. This is a much simpler/better solution for me. If the scene selection was automated or if there was less busy (or more capable than I) person, it would totally work.

I think with the Axe FX III, if they made one or two changes, it would be doable, especially with the FC6/FC12 paradigm.

1. Four amps at the same time with 2 channels (rather than 2 amps w/ 4 channels), would work better for this
2. A virtual A/B/Y FX Block, allowing a MIDI command to switch between FX chains.

In this way, any player could switch between a clean and dirty amp, with all associated FX, independently of the other Player's FX chains and the FC series would be simple to implement for this kind of use.

Back
Top Bottom