Fcb300 & tha AxeII XL

I am. There have been several threads in the past concerning the various successes and disappointments of using the FC-300 with the AxeFX II. I think it was generally agreed upon that if you are an ex-Roland user and the FC-300 was basically leftover gear, then it can be set-up to work ok (not great). If you were just looking for a companion to your new AxeFX, due to the $450.00 price tag of the FC-300, most users agreed that a cheaper solution could be had and that seemed to default to the Behringer FCB1010. (there are also several threads on this) My old rig also included 2 Roland FS6 switches. This allowed me to use the FC-300 primarily in song mode, with the 5 available foot switches assigned to presets, arranged in banks, and the FS6's gave me control changes. To my knowledge, MIDI patches can be written to be used in a different mode, but I never got into that. Everybody has their own way of doing things. Some guys play using "stomp box" mode, some use scenes, some depend mostly on X-Y changes and some simply change to a different preset. I have continued to use the VG-99 for semi-clean and 12 string patches. This allowed me to use the RRC2 cable and MIDI chain over to the AxeFX II. The latency really isn't a problem. (it is for some guys) Another advantage is that the user text programmed into the VG-99 appears on the FC-300 display. 75% of my playing is AxeFX while the VG is muted and serves only as a MIDI interface. Call it a bastardized system that is marginally acceptable…but it works and I've gigged with it for 2 years now.
The bottom line; Save your money and buy an MFC-101. Nothing will work better than a pedal that was designed from the ground up to be THE companion to your AxeFX.

I hear you. Thanks for the feedback.

It's just that in addition to the cost of the MFC, you have factor in the cost of at least one expression pedal.

Would be nice if Fractal added one or two to the MFC.

Back
Top Bottom