FCB1010

The standard/Ultra manuals don't really explain it (and the II manual seems misleading about the speed setting unless it delays the engaging too now, which wouldn't make much sense) so here's a brief description:

The off val. is what the pedal has to move below (or above, for off values above 50%) for the effect to disengage. The AutoEng setting (slow/med/fast) determines how long the pedal needs to be in that zone before that happens: 1000/333/100 ms according to II manual which seems about right for Axe I.

BTW (on Axe I at least) the "on" threshold is 15% beyond the off value, so with an off val. of 5% and moving pedal upward from 0, the block will engage at 20%. But once it's on, you'd have to move below 5% to disengage.

The standard/Ultra manuals don't really explain it (and the II manual seems misleading about the speed setting unless it delays the engaging too now, which wouldn't make much sense) so here's a brief description:

The off val. is what the pedal has to move below (or above, for off values above 50%) for the effect to disengage. The AutoEng setting (slow/med/fast) determines how long the pedal needs to be in that zone before that happens: 1000/333/100 ms according to II manual which seems about right for Axe I.

BTW (on Axe I at least) the "on" threshold is 15% beyond the off value, so with an off val. of 5% and moving pedal upward from 0, the block will engage at 20%. But once it's on, you'd have to move below 5% to disengage.

Thanks that a bit more clear!

Another dumb question; I'm assuming basic functionality (expression pedals, simple bank and preset switching) works without the UNO chip, correct?

Hi. Brand new guy here!
I'm trying to find a functional editor for the FCB1010 with Uno mod for Mac. I've tried the Ripwerkx and have not been able to get more out of the unit than the firmware version Lol!
Any clues or hints or alternatives? Thanks.

Hello out there, its been mentioned previously and unbeknownst to Voes the master himself, that all the pedals can be used in a stompbox manner (I have axe 2 if it matters) can anyone explain how? thank you in advance

Another dumb question; I'm assuming basic functionality (expression pedals, simple bank and preset switching) works without the UNO chip, correct?

Let me know how far you get. I have a FCB1010 w/o the UNO (Behringer apparently has shipping problems in the Netherlands) and I haven't been able to program expression pedals nor stomp box functionality. Apparently the UNO is crucial. All I can do is assign presets to pedals (was already setup). Other than that, nothing else works with my FCB.

Embion,
try "Ed Dixon's" FCB1010 editor, even without the Uno firmware the FCB is quite capable on its own.
Perform the FCB selftest and pedal calibration to make sure the expression pedals are using the full range properly.
Make sure to setup the expression pedals to send these CC numbers ,pedal A CC16, pedal B CC17. These are the "default" CC values for these modifiers (I/O,CTRL,external 1, external 2)in the Axe FX, features like volume,wah,wammy,etc. In the Axe Fx assign "external 1 or "external 2" as the "modifier" for that effect control...
Also, Behringer has nothing to do with the Uno chip shipping, it is made and distributed by other individuals/companies
Hope this helps, good luck

Hi Axeman2011,

I tried both Ed Dixon's and Ripwerx FCB editor and uploaded the .sys from Voes. No results whatsoever. At least no change then what I already had that is. All pedals (1-10) are still selecting the equivalent Axe patches. Expression pedals no workie ... any other tips that might help me?

Not sure what Voes programmed there...
You should start from scratch, sounds like you might not have performed the very first "stomp box initialization procedure", this is in the Uno manual
In the following order:
turn the fcb1010 off, hold the 1 and 9 keys and turn on to initialize the extended memory.
turn the fcb1010 off, hold the 1 and 10 keys and turn on to initialize the stomp box mode.
turn the fcb1010 off, turn on and hold the down key for 2.5 seconds to enter global config mode.
Make sure led 9 is lit, this indicates that stomp box mode is on.
You can now press and hold down for 2.5 seconds to exit global config if you wish.
There are more settings in the Uno manual...
Hope this gets you up and running!

Hi Axeman2011,

I tried both Ed Dixon's and Ripwerx FCB editor and uploaded the .sys from Voes. No results whatsoever. At least no change then what I already had that is. All pedals (1-10) are still selecting the equivalent Axe patches. Expression pedals no workie ... any other tips that might help me?

Hi, you could try to check also :

SYSEX RECEIVE
When SYSEX RECEIVE is enabled, a full sysex patchdump can be sent to the FCB1010 at any time, overwriting the current settings. When disabled, an incoming sysex patchdump will be ignored.

To enable sysex receive the first time you have to do it manually on the FCB, here's how to do that in Global Configuration mode :

Keep the DOWN switch pressed during power-up for about 2.5 sec to enter global configuration.
( * At any time during the global configuration, keep the DOWN switch pressed for about 2.5 sec to save your changes and leave setup mode. )

Press the Up switch 1 time to go to DIRECT SELECT menu (check LED on FCB)
Press the UP switch another time to go to MIDI FUNCTION menu (check LED on FCB)
Press the UP switch another time to to CONFIG MENU (check LED on FCB)
Press footswitch 7 to set SYSEX RECEIVE :
- LED 7 on = SYSEX RECEIVE enabled
- LED 7 off = SYSEX RECEIVE disabled

Press again the DOWN switch for 2.5 sec to save and leave setup mode. Connect Ripwerx, do all the other configs like Midi channel, direct select etc and send the sysex file to the FCB and see if it works now...

still need help on getting more stompboxes, with uno; how do I program a preset (lower row) changer to turn on and off stompboxes?

still need help on getting more stompboxes, with uno; how do I program a preset (lower row) changer to turn on and off stompboxes?

I don't have a FCB1010 no more, but I think this should work:

fcb1010 stompboxes.jpg

look at the green lines.

first row are the (upper) stompboxes (S6-S10)
second row is BANK 0 on the lower row with NO program change and only CC's
third row is BANK 1 on the lower row with only program change and NO CC's

each row has following items:

PC y/n (program change) - PC number | CC y/n - CC number - CC value (127=max) .......

so in the line S-6 it reads
no PC - CC 26 max

and bank 0-3 reads:
no PC - CC 23 max

and bank 1-4 reads:
PC 9 - no CC

only withdraw is that only 1 led can be on on the lower row at the same time

hope this helps!
patrick

Last edited:
I'm trying to use the FCB1010 (uno modded) with the Axe-Fx II and it's been pretty fruitless so far.
I did all the setup stages from the voes site and instealled Ripwerx but not much luck.

For starters I don't even think the computer can even connect with the pedalboard for some reason.
On Ripwerx I set my MIDI in and out to the Axe FX II. Connected my pedal in to the axe out/thru and vice versa.
When I connect the two leads the LEDs on the FCB1010 begin flickering rapidly. If I just mess around with the pedal the Axe-FX II behaves very strangely - jumping from one preset to another for about 2 seconds and then landing on some random one.
When I take out the FCB in wire it behaves normally but obviously not how I want it to.

On Ripwerx when I went to check firmware version it says, A message was received, but it was not an FCB1010 SYSEX message.

I think there's a fundamental problem here but I can't seem to figure it out :?

Any ideas?

Can anyone vouch for the build quality of the FCB1010? I went to a national store to buy one and was advised against getting this due to poor build quality. The guy reported that he had numerous units returned with broken latches/pedals and EPROM failure. Any comments from current users? The alternative I was considering is the roland FC300. Looks like my GT10 which is solid in construction.

When you remove the screws to access the internals,they will strip out the mounting struts when reassembling the unit. The aluminum strut mounts are very soft. Use Loctite or heavy nail polish on the screw thread and head when you reassemble the unit. Mine has sympathetic "buzzing" from the power transformer due to loose construction. I guess I missed a spot and don't want to strip the damned thing out again.
The treadles are kinda chinsey, so be gentle with them. Like Patrick sez...the FCB1010 won't take abuse,but is plenty of bang for the buck.
Also check the light shutters on the treadles to make sure the LED's are at 90 degrees to the treadle shutters. Most are cocked upward so you will end up with less travel / control of the treadle.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom